At the VITA Southeastern site, IRS-certified volunteers provide FREE basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals with household income is $59,187 or less.
VITA Southeastern prepares ONLY 2022 federal and Louisiana state tax returns.
WHAT TO BRING
We MUST have ALL your required paperwork to start your return, including:
- Photo ID of taxpayer, and also spouse if married and filing jointly
- Spouse - if married and filing a joint tax return, both spouses must be present
- Social Security Cards – for you, your spouse, and dependent(s)
- Birth Dates – for you, your spouse, and dependent(s)
- All 2022 Wage & Earning Forms (all W-2, 1099-NEC, W-2G, 1099-R forms)
- 2022 Unemployment Compensation Form (1099G)
- 2022 Interest & Dividend Forms (1099-DIV, 1099-INT forms)
- Total Paid in 2022 for Child Care (must provide provider’s name, address, and tax ID number)
- Fordirect deposit of refund, Bank Routing and Account Numbers. A voided check will suffice.
- Form 1095A from the Marketplace for health insurance coverage in 2022
- Identity Protection Theft Pin Number (IP PIN) – required if IRS assigned it to you
WALK-INS WELCOME, BUT APPOINTMENTS ARE TAKEN FIRST
Each appointment lasts 60 to 90 minutes.
Appointments are not required. Appointments guarantee that you will meet with a volunteer preparer. Walk-ins are accepted only if volunteer preparers are available.
CHOOSE A VITA Southeastern APPOINTMENT:
To request a VITA Southeastern appointment, email your preferred date and time from the list below to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wednesday, February 1, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, February 1, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, February 8, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, February 8, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, February 15, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, February 15, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, February 22, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, February 22, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 1, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, March 1, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 8, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, March 8, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 15, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, March 15, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 22, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, March 22, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 29, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, March 29, 4:30PM
- Wednesday, April 5, 3:30PM
- Wednesday, April 5, 4:30PM
VITA Southeastern SITE HOURS
ONLY open on Wednesdays from 3:30pm to 6:00pm
beginning February 1, 2023, until April 5, 2023.
VITA Southeastern SITE LOCATION
On Southeastern Louisiana University's campus in Garrett Hall room 80. Garrett Hall is located at 610 Ned McGehee Dr., Hammond, LA 70401. [add map link]
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Sign in and Intake
- When you arrive, you will sign in and complete the Intake Form
- Certified volunteers will review your Intake Form and documents and verify your eligibility.
- Meet with the Preparer
- An available volunteer preparer will prepare your tax return.
- A quality reviewer will look over your tax return.
- Review & Sign the Tax Return
- The preparer will print your tax return.
- You will review your tax return and sign form 8879
- Keep your paperwork
- You keep all your documentation and your printed tax return.
- Southeastern VITA will keep one copy of your signed form 8879 and electronically file your tax return.
FAQs & INFO
WHAT IF I EARNED MORE THAN $59,187?
You may qualify to file your taxes online.
ARE THERE OTHER VITA SITES?
If you can’t make the VITA Southeastern site on Wednesdays 3:30pm – 6:00pm, find OTHER VITA SITES at UnitedWaySELA.org/VITA or call 211 for assistance.
VITA Southeastern DOES NOT PREPARE THE FOLLOWING