News & Events
Get Advised for Summer and Fall 2014 Class. Click HERE for more information.
Tech-Connect Career Fair - Wednesday, March 26 in Fayard Lobby areas on first floor. Open to all students majoring in CS, IT, ET, OSHE and other related majors. Employers will include: IBM, Laitram, LA Blue Cross Blue Shield and others.
Southeastern team Void Avenger wins the 2014 Deloitte Programming Competition. Twenty teams participated from schools like: LSU, USM, MS State, Tulane, USA, UAB, and USM-GC. Faculty Coach: Dr. John Burris, Assistant Professor of Computer Science.
Southeastern establishes a Student Section of the American Association of Drilling Engineers (AADE) in Spring 2014. http://www.aade.org
Mon-Thurs: 7:30a to 5:00p
Spring 2014 Hours
Friday: 7:30a to 12:30p
Mon-Thurs: 7:30a to 5:00p
(985) 549-2189 (phone)
(985) 549-5532 (fax)
Box # SLU 10847
Fayard Hall, Room 307
Southeastern Louisiana University
Hammond, LA 70402
Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology
See our recent Enrollment and Employment Data: [HERE]
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology at Southeastern
Louisiana University. Please also visit our Channel. The department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in the following areas:
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science with concentrations in Science and Information Systems, and a Bachelor's in Information Technology. Both programs are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. High achieving students can apply for the ACE program (Accelerated Computing Engagement) program which is a pathway to earning the Bachelor's in Information Technology in three years and includes several perks including a direct opportunity to an internship experience.
- A Bachelor's in Engineering Technology with concentrations in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, and Energy Engineering Technology. This degree program combines the application of scientific and engineering knowledge with engineering methods and technical skills to prepare graduates for a variety of industrial and government workforce needs. The Engineering Technology Senior Design Project program is financially supported by Laitram, LLC., http://www.laitram.com.
- A Bachelor's in Industrial Technology with concentrations in Supervision, Drafting Design, and Automated Systems. This degree program prepares professional industrial technologists with a broad technical and managerial background. There are also associate degree programs in Construction Technology, Design Drafter, and Supervision. The program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering, http://www.atmae.org.
- A Bachelor's in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (OSH&E) which is designed to provide an academically comprehensive curriculum that prepares graduates with the ability and competency to become highly qualified safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental professionals. The program is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
For more information, contact:
- Computer Science & Information Technology - Dr. Sebastian van Delden, Sebastian.vanDelden@selu.edu
- Engineering Technology - Dr. Junkun Ma, Junkun.Ma@selu.edu
- Industrial Technology - Dr. Roy Bonnette, firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSH&E - Dr. Lu Yuan, Lu.Yuan@selu.edu
- Early Start, Industrial Technology - James Stutts, email@example.com