Industrial and Engineering Technology
The Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology (IET) strives to support the economic development of the region by providing a premier, industry-relevant, education in Louisiana, rich in real-world-ready experiences, research, and a mixture of theoretical and hands-on coursework.
IET programs Explained
- The IET Department has over 60 years of strong industry ties to the community.
- Curriculum is industry driven and focuses on Industrial recognized certifications, standards, and codes
- The only department on campus with an Associate Degree .
- The department has 14 concentrations across 4 different degrees, allowing students more opportunities to find the perfect fit for them.
- The ET program was established in 2009 and is accredited by the ETAC Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- The IT program is ATMAE accredited and is one of the oldest programs on campus
- The program originated in the Education Department before becoming its own degree program
- Performance Contractors has sponsored the development of Welding and Technology Concentration.
- The OSHE program was established in 2009 and is accredited by the ANSAC Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- OSHE bachelor's is one of only a few of its kind in the nation.
- OSHE program is planning to add a Master Program.
DEGREES & CURRICULUM
Independence Day Holiday
Faculty Return to Duty
Last Day of Summer 2023 Classes