The Southeastern Louisiana University Colorguard strives to bring color, entertainment, and pride to both the stands and field during football games. We perform alongside the Spirit of the Southland Marching Band to bring entertainment to all our Southeastern family!
Nicole Howell is the coach of the Southeastern Colorguard. She is a former member of Southeastern’s colorguard and has done Colorguard for 20+ years. If you have any questions regarding upcoming events such as tryouts or other general questions please email her at Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please follow our instagram @SLU_Colorguard
We always post great information and fun stuff
Tryouts for the 24-25 Colorguard Team will be held on Saturday, April 13, 2024 from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
Please use the link below to register for tryouts.
We hope to see you all there! If you have any questions please refer to the FAQ section below or email Nicole Howell.
- Do I have to have experience to try out? Yes, we require you to have at least 1 year of experience before joining.
- Can you audition by video or another day? We will no longer be offering video auditions. We want to make sure that all candidates are given the same opportunities and we want to make tryouts as fair as possible. Video auditions do not allow for this.
- Who are the judges for the auditions? The judges are a mix of past members of the Southeastern Colorguard and other coaches from around the area.
- Are there specific hair and make-up requirements? No, there are no specific requirements, but we ask that you perform with your hair down because that is the style the Colorguard uses. Make-up should be done as if ready for public performance. You must come to tryouts completely ready. There will be no time before final auditions begin to do this.
- What should I wear to tryouts? You should be in audition black, meaning a black shirt or tank top that is snug. You should also be in either black leggings, pants, or shorts. Proper shoes should be worn. No Crocs, flip flops, or bare feet. Please wear either Jazz shoes or tennis shoes.
- Are scholarships available to members of the Colorguard? Yes, this will be discussed in further detail after auditions.
- How many students will be chosen for the Colorguard team? There is no set number for the size of colorguard each year.
- Are there any camps or practices during the summer? Yes, This year we will be doing something different and we will be holding 4-5 Technique Practices. After this there will be a Guard camp and Band camp closer to school starting. All dates will be discussed after auditions.