Ramona Kerner, DHed, RN CNOR
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
PHONE: (985) 549-3375
- Doctorate in Health Education AT Still University
- Master of Science Nursing University of Phoenix
- Bachelor of Science Nursing Idaho State University
Licensure and Board Certification(s)
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Certified Nurse Operation Room (CNOR) - Preoperative Nursing Practice, Competency Credentialing Institute (CCI)
- Assistant Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University, College of Nursing Health and Sciences
Honors & Awards
- Ten Years of Service Southeastern Louisiana University
- Five Years of Service Southeastern Louisiana University
- Ten Years of Service East Jefferson General Hospital
- Who's Who in American Nursing
- National League of Nursing NLN Ambassador
- Student Nurse Association Faculty Advisor
- Rho Zeta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society Member
- Succession Chair 2013- present, 2010-12, Counselor 2005 -07, Alzheimer's Walk Committee, Task Force for committee and position descriptions
- Omicron Delta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau
- International Honor Society Member
- AORN Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Educator Specialty Assembly Member
- American Nurses Association
- Louisiana State Nurses Association
- Tangipahoa District Nurses Association Member
- Board Member TDNA 2012 - 2014, Vice-President 2014-present
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) Member
- Congress Planning Committee 1994, 2000, and 2005
- Congress Session Assistant 2005
- Northlake AORN Chapter - President 2014-present
Areas of Research Interest
- Working on proposal to look at effects of students cores in n. 315 as a result of adding Shadow Health to the course. Judith Bradford, PI.
- Working on proposal to survey Southeastern Nursing Student's Knowledge of Health Literacy.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- To submit article of poster "Creating a Patient Health Literacy Program for Preoperative Nurses", AORN Journal after 2015 Conference.
- Ramona S. Kerner, "Creating a Patient Health Literacy Program for Preoperative Nurses" , AORN's Surgical Conference and Expo 2015, Denver, CO, March 6-12, 2015.
- Ramona S. Kerner, "Creating a Patient Health Literacy Program for Preoperative Nurses" , Dr. Connie S. Logan Research Day - Transformational Change: Embracing nursling's Future with Unity, Baton Rouge, LA, April 26, 2013.
- Ramona S. Kerner, "Health Literacy and Pre-op Education". Presented at the Northlake AORN All that Jazz - AORN - The Leader in You Workshop, Covington, LA, February 2013.
- Ramona S. Kerner, "All Aboard the LION Express: Learning to Improve Outcomes in Nursing Education Using QSEN and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan". Presented at Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA., January 2012.
- Ramona S. Kerner, "I'm in a Hurry and I Don't Know Why", Presented at the Northlake AORN All that Jazz Workshop, Covington, LA, September 2003.