Laurie Kinchen, DNP, APRN, CPNP
Graduate Coordinator & Assistant Professor
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
- D.N.P. University of South Alabama
- M.S.N/APRN University of South Alabama
- B.S.N. Southeastern Louisiana University
- Concentrations: Registered Nurse; Minor - Biology and Psychology
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, University of South Alabama
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Registered Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in Louisiana: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Assistant Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Honors & Awards
- Southeastern Louisiana University National Honor Society
- Rho Zeta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Recipient of the Professional Nurse Traineeship Grant to attend the University of South Alabama
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude at Southeastern Louisiana University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- American Nurses Association
- Louisiana Chapter American Nurses Association Tangipahoa District Nurses Association
- Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Counselor, Rho Zeta Chapter Sigma Theta Tau
Areas of Research Interest
- Pediatric Obesity prevention and treatment
- Foster Care in Southeast Louisiana
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Kinchen, L. and Hildalgo, S.T. (2017). Assessment of Nutrition
Knowledge of Parents of Elementary School-aged Children to Enhance Obesity
- Knowledge and Prevention, International Journal of Sciences:
Basic and Applied Research, (36), 6. pages 1-13.
- Harrington, D. & Kinchen, L.M. (2014). Vascular Complications in Maternal Care, The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 45, pages 1-2.
- Billingsley, L. & Kinchen, L.M. (2014). Peripheral intravenous catheter Protection: Are we using best practice? Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, (45)8, 338-339.
- Kinchen, L.M & Hidalgo, T. (2017). Assessment of nutrition knowledge of parents of elementary school-aged children to enhance obesity knowledge and prevention, International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research, (36),6, 1-13
- Kinchen, L. & Minchew, L. (2012). Implementation of an Obesity Action Plan in the Pediatric Patient: A Quality Improvement Project.
- Foster Care in Southeastern Louisiana submitted for publication to the Journal of Pediatric Nursing
- Pediatric Obesity Treatment and Prevention for Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. Tangipahoa Nursing District Association. Approved for I contact hour by the Louisiana State Nurses Association. 2007.
- Oral and Poster presentation, Research Day, University of South Alabama, 2012.
- Second Reader for multiple Family Nurse Practitioner Students at Southeastern Louisiana University
- Preceptor for multiple Family Nurse Practitioner Students at Southeastern Louisiana University