Alpha Phi Sigma
Iota Nu is the Southeastern Louisiana University chapter of Alpha Phi Sigma, the national Criminal Justice honors society. Iota Nu offers many potential benefits for members, including
- national recognition for academic excellence in criminal justice, an honor which can be noted on employment applications, vitae, and resumes;
- leadership development;
- networking with other students who have similar interests;
- service to the department and university
- recognition by the United States government as meeting one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level in the Federal service;
- grant and scholarship opportunities;
- graduate school preparation;
- speakers (national and local); and
- career development.
Membership is available to undergraduate students who a) have declared a major or minor in criminal justice, b) have completed the equivalent of three full semesters, c) maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2 overall and in criminal justice courses, and 4) are in the top 35% of their class; and graduate students who a) have completed four courses (up to three undergraduate courses in Criminal Justice may be used to satisfy this requirement, as long as the undergraduate courses equate to a 3.4 GPA or higher), b) maintain a minimum graduate GPA of 3.4, and c) have earned an undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher.
For more information, contact Dr. Peter Shrock, faculty advisor for Iota Nu.