The mission of the Louisiana Alliance Postsecondary Inclusive Education is to increase post-secondary inclusive opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities in Louisiana.
Louisiana offers six inclusive higher education programs that allow students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enjoy a college experience. Four of out of the six programs are Comprehensive Transition Programs (CTP). The CTP programs are degree, non-degree, or certificate programs for students with intellectual disabilities that are designed to give students opportunities to grow educationally and socially.
The alliance is comprised of representatives from the following organizations:
- Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council
- Program for Successful Employment at Baton Rouge Community College *
- Program for Successful Employment at Bossier Parish Community College *
- Bridge to Independence at Nicholls University *
- Lions Connected at Southeastern University *
- UL LIFE at University of Louisiana at Lafayette *
- Post-Secondary Apprenticeship for Youth at LSU Health Sciences Center *
*Inclusive Higher Education Program that is part of the alliance. To learn about each program, please visit the links for each institution.
Have a Question?
Contact Dr. Gerlinde Beckers