- The Think College website is a great resource for students with disabilities who want to enroll in a post secondary education program. Think College also allows access to find colleges that have a Comprehensive Transition Program.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities explains the rights of students with disabilities to be able to receive postsecondary education. This resource is provided by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) in the U.S. Department of Education.
- HEATH Resource Center is an online clearinghouse for post-secondary education for individuals with disabilities. This website gives information on educational resources, support services, and opportunities.
- Louisiana Vocational Rehabilitation Program offers individuals with disabilities a range of services to help them with the employment process.
- Accredited Colleges in Louisiana This website gives a list of online and offline accredited colleges in Louisiana. The website also includes a list of scholarships that are offered to students in Louisiana.
- LA-PIE Recruitment
- PSE at BPCC Information Sheet
- Teachers Can Think College
- Students Can Think College
- Parents Can Think College
- School Administrators Can Think College
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors Can Think College
- Suggestions for Parents
- 20 Powerful Strategies to Prepare for College
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act for College Students
- Transitioning to College: Tips for Parents
- UL LIFE this program was the first post-secondary education program for students with disabilities on a 4- year campus. In this video you will meet the director of the UL LIFE program and some of the students and mentors who share their experiences with the program.
- Want to Know More About Bridge to Independence? Meet 4 of the students to hear how Bridge to Independence has impacted their lives. This video also includes the mom of a student who shares how Bridge to Independence has helped her son grow immensely.
Paying for College
Federal Financial Aid
Students who are enrolled in a Comprehensive Transition Program (CTP) are eligible for federal financial aid. for more information Click Here.