KDP Zeta Chapter
The Kappa Delta Pi (KDP) student organization at Southeastern is student-led. Members join both the local, Zeta, chapter and the International KDP organization.
The Zeta chapter members and officers decide on activities. Past activities have included:
- Monthly meetings (scheduled in the evening so that student teacher residents can attend)
- Socials for members following the meetings
- Participation in service opportunities, including the Fall Dance for adults with exceptionalities
- Collection of donations to benefit the community (e.g., school supplies, book drives, etc.)
Membership is determined by GPA and having at least 18 credit hours of collegiate work, which at least 6 hours are education coursework. Membership is open to both undergraduates and graduate. Members are inducted annually. During graduation, KDP members may wear a cord indicating their status as members of the KDP education honor society.
Why should you join?
- Is there a calling more profound or important than teaching? Kappa Delta Pi believes it's the most important profession there is. The impact a teacher can have on an individual's life is significant. A teacher can light the fire of learning and open the world for a student. once that fire is lit, the burning hunger for knowledge can take a child anywhere.
- Membership in Kappa Delta Pi is a bold declaration of your commitment to the teaching profession. Kappa Delta Pi offers a rich range of professional and personal services and products designed to help you grow throughout your teaching career.
- As a teacher, you have the power to touch the future. Kappa Delta Pi can help fuel your ongoing success. Working together, the possibilities are infinite.
- KDP is an professional organization you can list on your resume
- Leadership opportunities
- Develop a relationship with other student members who understand what it is to be an education major
- Access to member KDP benefits from the International KDP organization
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org