What can I do with my Business Administration degree?
Employers of Business Administration Majors
- Banks, Savings & Loans, and Other Financial Institutions
- Private, Public & Government Agencies
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Health Care Industry
- Businesses including: Manufacturing Firms, Utilities, Airlines & Transportation
- Industries, Contract Information System Companies, Software Development Companies, etc.
- Trade/labor organizations
- Educational Institutions
- Insurance Companies and Financial Planning Agencies
- Sales Organizations, Department Stores and Other Retailers
- Real Estate Brokers or Agencies
- Service Firms and Hospitality Organizations
- Distribution Centers
Related Occupations for Business Administration Majors
Some of these occupations may require additional education at Graduate or Professional schools. For information on qualifications and career specifics consult the Occupational Outlook Handbook or other career resources. Also, take advantage of career counseling offered by the Center for Student Excellence.
|Assistant Manager||Marketing Representative|
|Bank Loan Officer||Office Manager|
|Business Manager||Purchasing Agent|
|Business Owner||Quality Assurance|
|Consultant Risk Management||Research Analyst|
|Customer Service Staff||Sales Representative|
|Executive Assistant||Staff Employee|
Government Employee in Labor Market,
Economic Development, or Taxation and Revenue
Preparing for a Job in Business Administration
- Develop good problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Acquire computer skills.
- Consider co-op, internship, or part-time work in area of interest.
- Get sales experience.
- Gain leadership experience by participating in campus or community clubs and organizations.
- Consider taking additional courses in human resource management, operations management, or small business management.
|Links for Business Administration Majors|
|Program Overview||Contact Information|
|Business Administration||Department of Management and Business Administration|
|College of Business|
|Garrett Hall, Room 56|