What can I do with my KINESIOLOGY degree?
Employers of Kinesiology Majors
- Professional Sports Organizations
- National Amateur Sport Governing Bodies
- U. S. Olympic Training Center
- Sports Marketing/Events Management Firms
- Retailers and Marketing Firms
- Private Corporations & Corporate Fitness Facilities
- Fitness Clubs, Spas, Sports Clinics
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Campus Recreation Departments
- Sporting Goods Stores
- College Athletic Departments
- Community Recreational Programs
- Sports Governing Bodies
- Events Management Firms
- Sports League Conferences
- Marketing & Public Relations Firms
Related Occupations for Kinesiology Majors
Some of these occupations may require additional education at Graduate or Professional schools. For information on qualifications and career specifics consult the Occupational Outlook Handbook or other career resources. Also, take advantage of career counseling offered by the Center for Student Excellence.
|Adventure Trainer||Personal Trainer|
|Advertising||Physical Education Teacher|
|Athletic Administration||Professional Athlete|
|Athletic Coach||Professional Dancer|
|Athletic Trainer||Professional Sport Manager|
|Camp Director||Public Relations|
|Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapist||
Recreational Facility, Spa or
Health Club Manager
|Cardiovascular Fitness Instructor||Recreational Sport Management|
|Choreographer||Referee or Umpire|
|Community Center Manager||Sales Marketing|
|Dance Critic||Sporting Events Manager/Promoter|
|Dance Instructor||Sporting Goods Manager|
|Dance Therapists||Sporting Goods Retailer or Manufacturer's Rep.|
|Events or Facility Manager/Marketer||Sports Agent|
|Exercise Physiologist||Sports History|
|Exercise Science & Fitness Manager||Sports Information|
|Field Supervisor for Parks & Recreation||Sports Media|
|Fitness/Wellness Manager||Strength & Conditioning Specialist|
|Health Club or Spa Manager||Ticket Manager|
Preparing for a Job in Kinesiology
- For physical education option: Consider securing teaching certification. Develop the ability to motivate and teach students. Develop good interpersonal and communication skills.
- For athletic training option: Consider obtaining certification by NATA. Acquire teaching certification. Attend conference. Work in student fitness center.
- For dance option: Consider obtaining part-time or volunteer work in recreational or community facility teaching dance to children. Work in a summer camp program or community theatrical productions.
- For exercise & fitness management: Consider attending graduate school. Obtain summer or part-time employment in health clubs. Become an aerobics instructor. Work in student fitness center. Attend trade shows. Join professional organizations. Attending conferences. Work with sports conditioning programs or in on-campus cardiac rehabilitation program.
- For sports management option: Consider part-time jobs with intramural department or community recreation department as a supervisor or sports official. Volunteer with youth leagues. Attend conferences and join professional organizations such as NIRSA/NRPA. Work toward certification as recreational sport specialist. Work in summer camps. Work with SMSPA (Sport Management Student-Professional Association events. Volunteer in Athletic Dept.
|Program Overview||Contact Information|
|Kinesiology||Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies|
|College of Nursing and Health Sciences|
|On Campus: Kinesiology& Health Studies Building, Room 120|
|Links for Kinesiology Majors|