What can I do with my MANAGEMENT degree?
Employers of Management Majors
- Manufacturing Firms
- Small and Mid-Size Businesses
- Hospital & Health Care Industry
- Service Firms
- Financial Institutions and Banks
- Hospitality Organizations
- Government Agencies
- Retailing & Distribution
- Non Profit Institutions
- Sales Firms
Related Occupations for Management Majors
Some of these occupations may require additional education at Graduate or Professional schools. For information on qualifications and career specifics consult the Occupational Outlook Handbook or other career resources. Also, take advantage of career counseling offered by the Center for Student Excellence.
|Bank Manager||Occupational Analyst|
|Benefits Manager||Operations Manager|
|Branch Manager||Personnel Manager|
|Compensation Manager||Personnel Recruiter|
|Consultant Credit & Collections Manager||Promotions Manager|
|Financial Analyst||Public Utilities Manager|
|Government Services Administrator||Purchasing Agent|
|Health Care Administrator||Real Estate Agent/Broker|
|Human Resource Manager||Recreation Manager|
|Industrial Relations Manager||Restaurant Manager|
|Insurance Agent||Retail Sales Manager|
|Job Analyst||Service Organization Manager|
|Loan Officer||Stock Broker|
|Management Analyst||Traffic Manager|
|Market Research Analyst||Training Manager|
|Media Planner||Wholesale Sales Representative|
|Mortgage Loan Officer|
Preparing for a Job in Management
- Develop good communication, interpersonal and decision making skills.
- Gain experience through co-op or internship programs, or volunteer work.
- Learn leadership skills and develop them through securing leadership positions in school, community or other organizations.
- Focus on a particular area of management and develop competency through course-work or on the job training. Areas to consider: human resource management, operations management, small business management, banking, retailing or hospital administration.
- Acquire computer skills.
|Program Overview||Contact Information|
|Management||Department of Management and Business Administration|
|College of Business|
|On Campus Address: Garrett Hall, Room 75|
|Links for Management Majors|
More Info from Career Services