What can I do with my Communication Sciences and Disorders degree?


Employers of Communication Sciences and Disorders Majors

  • Schools

  • Government Agencies

  • Social Service Agencies

  • Clinics

  • Audiologists, Speech Therapists, and Ear, Nose & Throat Doctors

  • Retail stores and suppliers selling related equipment

Related Occupations forommunication Sciences and Disorders Majors

Some of these occupations may require additional education at Graduate or Professional schools. For information on qualifications and career specifics consult the Occupational Outlook Handbook or other career resources. Also, take advantage of career counseling offered by the Center for Student Excellence.

Adult Education Teacher

Agency Director


Language Teacher

Sales Representative

Speech-Language Pathologist

Technical Writer/Communicator



Preparing for a Job Communication Sciences and Disorders

  • Develop strong interpersonal skills.

  • Seek internship or part-time work in the field.

  • Join professional organizations (most offer student memberships).

  • Volunteer in schools or community organizations.

  • Develop appreciation of individual differences and the dignity of each human being.


Links for Communication Sciences and Disorders Majors



More Info from Career Services

Contact Information

Department of Health and Human Sciences
Campbell Hall Room 102
Tel: 985-549-2214