Transfer Academic Advising
Congratulations! Now that you have been accepted to Southeastern, your next step is to meet with an academic advisor to review your transfer credits and determine which courses are needed during your first semester. The goal of advising is to ensure that you are progressing toward graduation and are equipped with the tools needed to be successful during your time at Southeastern. You must be advised each semester before scheduling classes.
Mrs. Amanda Harper typically advises new transfer students. In order to set up an advising meeting, please click the "Request an Appointment" button below. Students can also reach their academic department for more information by using the drop-down menu below.
When contacting your advisor, please use your Southeastern Gmail account and include all of the following information - first and last name, student ID number, major and specific concentration (if applicable).
- Be sure to submit ALL official credits from previous colleges/universities (including military, dual enrollment, and AP/CLEP credits).
- Review transfer credits in Leonet account to ensure that all of your prior work is here.
- Although your credits transfer to Southeastern, each credit may not count toward your specific major.
- Visit your academic department's webpage to get preliminary information about course options and degree requirements. Click here to find your academic department, then select "Undergraduate Degrees."
- Be flexible and patient with your advisor - they teach classes and advise many other students.
Academic Department Transfer Contacts
College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
|Communication & Media Studies||Mr. Hunter Waddell|
|English||Mr. David Armand|
|History & Political Science||Dr. Bill Robison|
|Music & Performing Arts||Dr. Jeff Wright|
|Psychology||Dr. Paula Varnado-Sullivan|
|Sociology & Criminal Justice||Dr. Ken Bolton|
|Visual Art + Design||Dr. Dale Newkirk|
|World Languages & Cultures||Dr. Jerry Parker|
|General Studies Program||Ms. Rebecca Hite|
College of Business
|Accounting & Finance||Dr. Robert Braun|
|Management & Business Administration||Dr. Russell McKenzie|
|Marketing & Supply Chain Management||Dr. Jose Noguera|
College of Education
|Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Middle School Education, & Special Education||
Mrs. Amy Prats
*For secondary education, please contact the department of the concentration. For example, English Education majors will be advised by the English Department.
College of Nursing & Health Sciences
|Communication Sciences & Disorders||Ms. Melissa Caserta|
|Human Sciences||Ms. Heather Dykes|
|Health Systems Management||Ms. Susan Tufts|
|Social Work||Mrs. Jamie Magee|
|Kinesiology & Health Studies||Mr. Greg Reeves|
|School of Nursing||Dr. Kristie Riddle|
College of Science & Technology
|Biological Sciences||Dr. Justin Anderson|
|Chemistry & Physics||Dr. Patrick Moyer|
|Computer Science||Dr. Bonnie Achee|
|Industrial & Engineering Technology||Mr. Jared Reno|
|Mathematics||Dr. Tim Hudson|
|Any Undecided or Undeclared Transfers||
Center for Student Excellence