Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Dining FAQS
As Southeastern eagerly moves forward with preparations for the Fall 2020 semester, Dining Services is taking thoughtful and purposeful steps to help to ensure the health and safety of the entire campus community. Safety remains the department’s highest priority and will guide our efforts in providing an exceptional dining experience for all of our dining customers.
Will Dining Services be open to serve students for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 semesters?
Yes! All dining locations are open. A complete listing of dining locations and hours of operation for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 can be found here.
When can I start using my meal plan?
Meal plan swipes for Fall 2020 will begin on Saturday, August 15th in the Mane Dish. All other dining locations will start their Fall 2020 schedules on Monday, August 17th .
Meal plan swipes for Spring 2021 will begin for the dinner meal (4p-8p) will being on Tuesday, January 19th. All other dining locations will start their Spring 2021 schedules on Wednesday, January 20th.
Will there be menu changes at the Mane Dish?
Students can expect to see some changes at the Mane Dish designed to help improve traffic flow, to help maintain the desired speed of service needed to allow for social distancing, and to limit contact between customers but we ensure an exceptional dining experience! Complete meals will be available at stations (rather than only an entrée) which will result in less travel between stations.
Mane Dish menus will be posted on the Campus Dish website here and on monitors in the Student Union to help guests in selecting menu items in advance.
What forms of payment are accepted at dining locations?
We have suspended cash transactions at all dining locations for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Cub Cash, Lion’s Lagniappe, credit card, and debit card payments are accepted at all dining locations, including the on-campus markets. Card transactions will be contactless with the customer either holding the card up to a secure reader to complete the transaction or by inserting a chipped card into the reader.
The use of any of our cash-to-card machines makes it easy to convert cash into a Lion's Lagniappe deposit. With convenient locations in the Student Union (1st floor near the game room), the library, and the laundry facilities in the Village and Louisiana Hall (resident card access required for entry), customers simply insert cash into the machine, swipe their Southeastern ID, and a Lion's Lagniappe deposit is immediately available for use.
Are to-go options from the Mane Dish available?
Where can I eat my meals on campus?
Can I order food for pickup?
How can I change my meal plan?
Health and Safety
What measures are being taken by Campus Dining to reduce the spread of COVID-19?
- Dine-in seating will be reduced in all dining facilities to 50% occupancy and spaced appropriately to ensure customers can dine at a safe distance. The seating layout has been designed with the safety of customers in mind. Please do not rearrange furniture.
- Additional seating for the Mane Dish will be provided in the Student Union Ballroom on the 3rd floor of the Student Union. Distancing protocols will also be in place in that location.
- Plexi-glass dividers will be placed on dining tables to provide greater protection from the spread of germs.
- Safe dining practice signage and floor decals to indicate six feet of separation in lines will be placed throughout dining areas.
- Self-service and made-to-order food stations will be eliminated. Dining associates will serve all food.
- The Mane Dish will combine stations in order to offer complete meals at each station to improve the flow of traffic as well as enable better social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at all dining locations.
- Plexi-glass shields have been installed at all registers.
- Transactions will be contactless with the presentation of the Southeastern ID, credit card, or debit card.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing on all high touch areas will be done throughout the day at each dining location.
- Customers at any of the six (6) markets across campus will scan and bag their items to reduce contact with associates.
- Additional Grab-N-Go items will be a made available at each campus market.
- Campus markets will offer enhanced grocery products including frozen meals, non-frozen microwavable meals, and whole fruit.
- Beverage cups will be handed out at each beverage station and customers will self-serve beverages. New cups are required for refills.
- Condiments will be in packets and handed out to customers.
Will silverware still be available at the Mane Dish?
Yes, but the silverware will be wrapped and handed to customers. After use, customers will return it to the dish return area with their plates and glasses for high-powered cleaning and sanitization.
Are face coverings required in dining locations?
Yes, the University is requiring that face coverings be worn at all times in buildings. Customers and customer service dining associates will be required to wear a face covering in all dining locations when not seated and eating/drinking.
Will catering options be modified?
Yes, a new catering module has been developed which offers only packaged meals and enhanced box lunches. The boxes include either hot or cold items that are individually wrapped and packaged for small groups. Beverage options will be limited to bottled water and canned soda.
How are employees at dining services being prepared to ensure a safe work environment and serviceexperience for customers?
In addition to wearing face coverings, all employees will wash hands at least every 20 minutes, follow social distancing guidelines, and have temperatures monitored. Training presentations have been updated with general safety and supplemental directives that focus specifically on COVID-19.