Changes to Direct Loans
Please note that Southeastern Lousiana University is transitioning to the William G. Ford Federal Direct Lending Program beginning with the Fall 2010 semester. All students wishing to obtain a loan for the 2010-2011 aid year must complete a new MPN (Master Promissory Note) online at www.studentloans.gov.
ALL students seeking Federal Stafford and/or Federal Plus loans at Southeastern will need to:
1. Fill out the FAFSA( www.fafsa.ed.gov)
2. Complete a new MPN ( www.studentloans.gov)
3. Sign and return your award letter accepting your loans
4. Acknowledge the Financial Aid Authorization via your Leonet account
(Self Service-->Financial Aid Authorization)
5. Sign up for direct deposit with the Controller's Office ( www.selu.edu/admin/controller)
All first-time loan borrowers at Southeastern must complete the Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov. Though not required, we recommend all returning loan borrowers to also complete the online Entrance Counseling in order to receive more information regarding the William G. Ford Federal Direct Lending Program.
For more information, please visit our Direct Loan page here.