Office for Student Engagement
The Office for Student Engagement encourages and facilitates student engagement in
student organizations including Student Government Association and Greek letter organizations,
leadership development, and participation in campus-wide events and community service.
The Office for Student Engagement is committed to providing development opportunities for all students and challenges them to become empowered, motivated, and experienced leaders and citizens through a comprehensive co-curricular experience.
Early Orientation Program will be held on April 23-24, 2014. There will be a student organizational browse on Wednesday, April 23 from 2:45pm - 4:00pm. If your organization is interested in participating in this browse please email email@example.com by April 17th.
- All students are invited to join one of the remaining sessions we offer on campus
in the Teacher Education Center.
Refer to the following link for more information -- look to the right and bottom for the UPCOMING EVENTS - you can register there for Stewards of Children - Darkness to Light trainings.
- Rec Sports in looking for Camp Rec counselors. If you are interested in working as a counselor for our 10 week Camp Rec summer session please contact Amy.Oberschmidt@selu.edu
- SWAMP BOWL!!!! This year at Swampbowl we are doing a promotion. The team entry fee is $60. With this fee you will be entered into the double elimination tournament and get a t-shirt and lunch. The price for 2 team from the same student organization will be $100. All members of both teams must be in the same org. More information can be found at SELU.edu/swampbowl
Is your organization looking to set up a table in the new union?!? Tables inside the new student union will be designated for two (2) tables in the east lobby and two (2) tables in the west lobby. In the registration of activities they are listed as Table East Lounge and Table West Lounge. Tables will be provide at these locations and there is electricity at these locations.
Tables outside of the new union will be able to be setup on the eastern side of the new facility, closest to Fayard hall. There will be no more than six (6) tables or groups allowed there at any given time. In the registration of activities it are listed as Table East Pavilion. It needs to be noted there is no electricity and tables will not be provided. Organizations must provide their own table.
If there are any questions, please contact the student union at 985-549-5670.
PEEPS (Peers Educating Peers at Southeastern) is recruiting new members. We meet in Room 236 every Monday at 6pm. For more information please contact Amanda Quinn - Amanda.Quinn@selu.edu or Karrington Taylor - Karington.Taylor@selu.edu
Journey Hospice is looking for student volunteers! If interested contact Jim Louviere @504.202.8334- Volunteers can spend as much or as little time as they want with this community service program. Maybe one hour/week or month is a suggestion.
- Volunteers can do things like read to the patient, provide pet care or therapy, music therapy, take part in the bi-weekly meetings of the medical and support team, help with the yard or the home, help with meals, general hands on care, companionship and maybe make small gift items to encourage patients are some examples.
- Volunteers need to contact me to fill out a volunteer packet in order to be approved.
Hospice is about providing support and comfort to patients and their family who are facing end of life issues. So students who are working on counseling, social work or pre med programs might be interested in such community service. Or simply students with compassion who would like to make a meaningful impact on people lives.
Last year's DSA Convocation awards can be found here
How Do I...?
Quick Guides for Your Student Organization Needs