Lion Traxx Policy
LION TRAXX SAFETY RULES
- All Southeastern Louisiana University Policies and the Student Code of Conduct apply at all Lion Traxx shuttle stops and on board all Lion Traxx shuttle busses.
- Please wait for shuttle to come to a full stop and doors are opened before approaching shuttle bus.
- Please allow students leaving shuttle to exit first. (This allows the driver to determine the amount of seating available.)
- Please have a valid University student, faculty, or staff identification card ready to show to the shuttle driver before entering shuttle. (NO ONE will be allowed to board shuttle without a valid Southeastern Louisiana University ID Card, NO EXCEPTIONS)
- For your safety the shuttle drivers will not operate buses until everyone is in a seat and all items are out of the aisles.
- Only one person per seat is allowed on the shuttles.
- Please remain seated until shuttle comes to a full stop.
- If no seats remain, limited standing room is available. All standing passengers must use overhead standing rails at all times.
- Please ensure that all items are stored out of the aisles and placed under passenger seats.
- No eating or drinking is allowed on shuttles. Food or drink must be in a closed container and must remain closed while on the shuttles.
- Laundry detergent and bleach must be in tightly sealed containers or plastic baggies to avoid spills.
- Due to the limited amount of seating for University students and insurance liability issues, no children or non-university students or personnel are allowed to ride on the shuttle bus.
- Animals other than those accompanying visually impaired students, faculty, or staff members are prohibited on the shuttle bus.
- Weapons of any type are prohibited on the shuttle bus.
- Smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited on shuttle bus.
- Please be courteous to the drivers and other passengers and keep your voice levels within a normal speaking range.
- Threats made against anyone on the shuttle, harassment of anyone on the shuttle, and/or refusal to exit shuttle is prohibited and will be reported to University officials.
ALL LION TRAXX SHUTTLES AND SHUTTLE STOPS ARE ALCOHOL, DRUG, AND FIREARM FREE ZONES.
The Lion Traxx shuttle automatically closes if classes are canceled due to inclement weather. In case of hazardous road conditions, closing information during regular business hours is available by calling 985-549-BUSS (2877) (Lion Traxx Office) or after hours, by calling 985-549-2222 (University Police Department).
LOST & FOUND ITEMS
Prior to departing from a shuttle or leaving a shuttle stop, please survey your area to make sure you have taken all of your belongings with you. The Lion Traxx shuttle is not responsible for any personal items which are lost or stolen on any University operated shuttle or shuttle stop.
Items found on the Lion Traxx shuttle will be turned in to the University Police
Hammond, LA 70402