Office of Veteran Services
The Office of Veterans Services serves as an intermediary between the veteran who is seeking or receiving educational benefits and the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA).
The Office of Veterans Services is charged with:
- Providing counseling and information for veterans attending Southeastern.
- Providing the VBA with accurate information regarding the period of enrollment, academic degree attempting, and the number of credit hours pursued by each veteran seeking or receiving educational benefits.
- Reporting to the VBA veterans who reduce/drop hours or resign from the University during the enrollment period.
- Advising veterans on the proper procedures and forms to be completed when applying for educational benefits.
- Serving as liaison between the veteran and the VBA in resolving pay problems.
- Serving as liaison between the veteran receiving educational benefits through the VBA’s vocational rehabilitation program (Chapter 31) and the office that administers the program.
All educational assistance programs available to military personnel and their dependents or spouses are provided through the Veterans Services section of the Office of Financial Aid. These programs include the following:
Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD) (Ch 30)
Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) (Ch 1606)
National Call to Service Program
The Post 9/11 GI Bill (Ch 33)
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Ch 1607)
Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Ch 35)
Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Ch 32)
For additional assistance on the above programs, contact the Veteran Services Office at (985) 549-5041.