How Payments are Made
Payments are made directly to the student with the exception of tuition for Post 9/11 recipients.
Direct deposit is the best way to receive your benefit payments. You may request direct deposit by calling 1-877-838-2778. Be sure to provide your financial institution's routing number, your account number, and type of account (checking or savings).
When Payments are Made
Payments are issued monthly in arrears. For example, you receive the August payment at the beginning of September.
you must be enrolled and attending classes to receive payment. There are no payments issued between semesters.
How Amount is Determined
The amount you are paid is based on:
- The type of benefit you receive,
- Current rates (https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/resources/benefits_resources/rate_tables.asp) determined by VA, and
- Your enrollment (full-time, half-time, etc) in eligible courses.
Your payment will be prorated for partial months based on a 30-day calendar month. For example, if your monthly rate is $1,000 and classes begin on Aug. 15, your payment on Sept. 1 will be $500.
Due to security reasons our office does not have access to your payment status or records. information can be obtained directly from VA:
- Phone: 1-888-442-4551
- eBenefits (https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=Home) Portal
- Wave (https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do) Portal