Southeastern Louisiana University celebrated 1,119 graduates Saturday, Dec. 18, in two separate commencement ceremonies in the University Center.
Southeastern graduates included 360 men and 759 women, who were receiving 16 different degrees and representing 20 states and 10 countries.
Candidates for associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees were honored.
The university awarded its highest academic honor, the President’s Medal for Academic Excellence, to eight students with the highest cumulative grade point average in the university’s five colleges.
Medal recipients were:
▪ College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences – history major Alora Thompson of Ponchatoula.
▪ College of Business – marketing major Emily C. Browning of Baton Rouge; and accounting major Isreal Thacker of Covington.
▪ College of Education – middle school education major, Mandy Seale of Denham Springs.
▪ College of Nursing and Health Sciences – kinesiology major Bailey Cyprowski of Prairieville; and communication and sciences and disorders majors Kylee Dupre of Houma and Kiley Harrelson of Amite.
▪ College of Science and Technology – biological sciences major Aubree Dillon of Madison, Miss.
Monday, December 20 10:08:54 AM CST