Online Access Help
If you are having trouble accessing the library databases or electronic reserves, please use the following checklist to troubleshoot your problem.
- I don't know my UserID and PIN.
The User ID will be your W number (e.g., w0123456). The PIN will be your 6 digit birthdate (e.g., 032181 for March 21, 1981).
Sample logon screen
- After entering my UserID and PIN, I get an error message.
Common logon error messages and what to do.
- After entering my UserID and PIN, I get the logon screen again.
Other software on your PC may be interfering with access.
- I get a "security failure. data encryption error" message.
You may be using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.
- I get a "security alert" box that asks to allow a cookie to be sent.
You may need to enable cookies.
- I get a "page not found" or "connection refused" error.
You may be behind a firewall.
- My access problem is different from those listed.
Other troubleshooting solutions to try.
- I'm having trouble printing.
Solutions to common printing problems.
If you need further help, please contact Ask A Librarian.