Wireless Network Help
Access to the University's wireless network is available throughout the Library building. Due to the metal book stacks and building supports there are some areas in the Library where the wireless signal is weak or not accessible.
A 802.11b/g compliant wireless card in your wireless device
- And the following configuration or settings:
- Network type: Infrastructure
- SSID (or Network Name): sluwireless
- Encryption: off
- TCP/IP settings (in Windows XP under "Network Neighborhood"): DHCP
Student, Faculty or Staff
When you connect to the wireless network for the first time using your wireless device, you will need to "Login." You should log in using your W# and email password. Students, faculty and staff will only have to login the first time they connect to wireless network even if connecting at a different wireless location on campus.
Visitors and Guests
Guest access to the wireless network is prohibited. The Library reserves the right to make exceptions for Library or other University business.
- Visit the Office of Technology's website: http://www.selu.edu/Administration/Technology/wireless/
- Contact the Office of Technology Helpdesk at 985-549-5555