Southeastern offering non-credit courses for spring 2007
Contact: Christina Chapple
HAMMOND – Southeastern Louisiana University Continuing Education and Special Activities is offering non-credit courses this spring that can help area residents tune up skills, prepare for tests, get fit, be safe, and develop a hobby.
The 10 courses cover the topics of basic computing, introduction to Word and Excel software, beginning guitar, digital photography, water aerobics, basic motorcycle training, and preparation for the Louisiana Notarial Review and Graduate Record Exam.
The courses are taught by Southeastern faculty or qualified professionals. Students completing designated non-credit programs will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Members of the community can enroll in non-credit courses by registering online (unless otherwise indicated) at www.selu.edu/continuinged or obtaining the necessary forms from the Continuing Education and Special Activities office, University Center, room 103.
Persons 60 years or older can receive a 15 percent discount, while active alumni receive a 10 percent discount when they present their current Alumni Association membership card.
The spring 2007 non-credit schedule includes
▪ LSAT preparation – Jan. 22, 24, 26, 29, 31, 3:30-5:30 p.m., Fayard Hall; $175 ($17 for text); Charles Dranguet, instructor.
▪ Basic Computing -- Feb. 5 and 7, 6-8 p.m., University Center, room 203A; $100; Michael Magee, instructor.
▪ Beginning Guitar -- Feb. 5-March 19 (Mondays only), 7-8 p.m., Fayard Hall, room 220; $45 ($21.75 for text); Stan Hebert, instructor.
▪ Introduction to Excel -- Feb. 13 and 15, 6-8 p.m., University Center, room 203; $100; Jennifer Blessey, instructor.
▪ GRE Prep Course -- Feb. 13 and 27, March 13; Teacher Education Center, room 248; $200; Robert Hancock, instructor.
▪ Basic Motorcycle operation – two sessions: Feb. 23-25, May 4-6, $100; Edward Patterson, instructor. To register and for information on class times, call (225) 756-4731.
▪ Louisiana Notarial Review preparation, Tuesdays, Feb. 27-April 10, Garret Hall, room 77; $435 (includes book); Douglas Curet, instructor.
▪ Digital & Beyond -- four sessions: Feb. 27, March 20, April 17, May 15; 7-8:30 p.m.; $15; Lisa Proffit-Rau, instructor.
▪ Introduction to WORD, March 13 and 15, 6-8 p.m., University Center, room 203A; $100; Jennifer Blessey, instructor.
▪ Water Aerobics, Monday-Thursday, March 19-May 24, 4-5 p.m. or 5:15-6:15 p.m., Kinesiology and Health Studies Building pool; $78; Donna Emerson, instructor.
For additional information, visit www.selu.edu/continuinged or contact Continuing Education and Special Activities at (985) 549-2301 or 1-800-256-2771.