LSBDC at Southeastern offers free classes on the Northshore for business startups
Contact: Tonya Lowentritt
HAMMOND – The Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southeastern Louisiana University in cooperation with several partners will offer the seminar “Starting and Financing Your Business Idea” in several locations throughout the north shore.
Sandy Summers, assistant director of the Southeastern SBDC, said the workshop is recommended for individuals interested in determining the feasibility of a business idea, planning to start or having recently started a small business, seeking a small business loan, or wanting to learn more about business planning.
“Topics of discussion include entrepreneurship readiness, writing a business plan, sources of funds for start-up expansion, small business resources, and required licenses,” Summers said.
The schedule of classes is as follows:
• Jan. 26, Hammond, Southeast Louisina Business Center
• Feb. 15, Greensburg, Northshore Technical College, Florida Parishes Campus
• March 29, Slidell, East St. Tammany Chamber of Commerce
• April 12, Walker, Livingston Parish Literacy and Technology Center
• May 25, Mandeville, Southeastern St. Tammany Center
All classes are free and are scheduled from 9 a.m. to noon. Although there is no cost to attend the events, pre-registration is preferred.
For more information or to register, call 985-549-3831 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.