How Do I Change My Major?
Change Undergraduate Major
- Sign In to LEONet. Remember to use CAPS when entering your User ID.
- To Change Major Online click: Self Service > Change of Major
- Click on the Add New Value tab.
- Click the magnifying glass next to the current major to pull up current major. If
applicable, click the magnifying glass next to your current concentration/subplan.
- Click the magnifying glass next to the new major. Select the new major. If the new major requires a concentration/sub-plan, select one.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Remember to Sign Out of PeopleSoft when you have finished your session.
Change of Major Online Process:
- Once request is submitted, an e-mail notification will be sent to student’s current department for approval.
- After the current department approves the change, an e-mail notification will be sent to the new major department for approval.
- If the new major is approved, an email notification will be sent to student stating that their request to change their major has been approved.
- Students can check their LeoNet account periodically to confirm if their major has been changed. Please allow 1-2 business days for processing, once both departments have approved the request.
- Students must go to their academic department to make any changes to their major if they have applied to graduate or if they are seeking a double degree or a double major.
- If you are an athlete, you must contact the Assistant Athletic Director for Academic Affairs regarding your change of major.
- A student cannot change their major unless they are eligible to enroll.
To check the status of your Change of Major:
- Sign In to LEONet Remember to use CAPS when entering your User ID.
- Click Change Major Online: Self Service > Change of Major
- Click on the Find an Existing Value tab.
- Select the request date.