Contact: Tonya Lowentritt
Date: April 9, 2013
HAMMOND – The Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC) at Southeastern Louisiana
University will offer a seminar called "Exploring All Things Franchise" on Thursday,
April 18, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Co-sponsored by the Hammond Chamber of Commerce, the free seminar will be held at the main office of LSBDC at Southeastern, located at 1514 Martens Drive in Hammond.
Sandy Summers, assistant director of the Southeastern SBDC, said the educational and interactive workshop will teach participants about the franchise business ownership model and the numerous opportunities available in the franchise world.
"This seminar is for individuals ready to use their business experience and skills to run their own business," she said. "It is also ideal for those who have business ownership on their list of desired careers and are ready to take charge of their financial future."
Topics will include:
• money necessary for startup and financing sources available;
• benefits of franchise systems;
• finding the right franchise to meet business goals and budgets;
• why some franchises succeed while others fail;
• whether franchisees can keep their current job and own a "semi-absentee" franchise business;
• best franchise opportunities for the North Shore at all investment levels; and
• special incentives for veterans.
There is no cost to attend the event; however, pre-registration is preferred, as seating is limited. For more information, contact LSBDC Southeastern at 985-549-3831. Online registration is available at www.lsbdc.org.