Mission and Accreditation
The Accounting Program at Southeastern Louisiana University will engage in learning
experiences,outreach, and knowledge creation that will positively impact lives and
the communities it serves.
The mission of the Accounting Program at Southeastern Louisiana University is to provide students with relevant educational experiences, to enable the creation and sharing of knowledge, and to engage communities through service.
• We care about the well-being of our students.
• We provide a relevant curriculum through engaging pedagogy.
• We uphold appropriate standards of academic performance.
• We prepare our students, who are primarily from the southeastern portion of the state, to
make meaningful contributions to Louisiana’s workforce.
• We offer experiences and opportunities that promote personal, professional, and
intellectual growth to enhance career success.
Creation and Sharing of Knowledge
• We engage in quality research having a primary emphasis on application to practice and
• We promote a culture of inquiry through connections with our stakeholders.
• We build and nurture relationships that enhance the relevance of educational experiences
for our students and positively impact the communities we serve.
Statements of Core Values
• Excellence: We strive to perform at a level beyond ordinary standards.
• Honesty: We are truthful and straightforward in our conduct.
• Responsibility: We are accountable to stakeholders.
• Respect: We are considerate of the rights and views of others.
• Professionalism: We use skill, good judgment, and consideration for others to do a job well.
• Service: We work for the good of others.
Finance Program Mission Statement
The purpose for the Finance curriculum is to prepare students for employment in various finance-related areas and/or for the pursuit of advanced degrees in finance by educating them in the fundamental concepts, knowledge, and financial skills.
The Department of Accounting and Finance is part of the College of Business which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB) International. The Accounting program is also separately accredited by AACSB International.