Congratulations to Aleks Merilo this year’s Inkslinger winner for his play Exit 27. Thank you to everyone who submitted this year. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Southeastern Theatre will present Exit 27 March 10-13, 2020.
Annual Playwriting Competition
Attention Playwrights! Southeastern Louisiana University will start accepting play submissions for the 2020 Inkslinger Playwriting Competition in late fall. Check back then for more details.
For more submission opportunities, visit PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog for a list of contests and other play submission opportunities with deadlines coming up this month.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
1) The contest is open to all playwrights.
2) All submissions must be original and unpublished. Play should be intended for a college-aged cast and audience.
3) We will only be accepting full-length plays. No musicals at this time will be considered.
4) Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. There is a $10 submission fee per script.
5) Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format. Please provide a synopsis and character breakdown with your play.
6) Please submit one blind copy of your script as a pdf or word document via email. We would prefer you send it electronically if possible. A hard copy may be sent to the address below if you have no other choice. In the body of your email or cover letter please provide us with your Name, Address and Telephone Number.
7) The deadline for submissions is Monday, April 1, 2019 (postmarked).The winner and production dates will be announced on this page after May 1, 2019.
8) Please submit the submission fee to the address below. Please make checks payable to SLU.
Email scripts to
Mail manuscripts to
Southeastern Louisiana University
Visual Art and Design Department
SLU Box 10815
Hammond, LA 70402