Submissions are now open for the Inkslinger Playwriting competition 2020.
Southeastern Theatre will present the 2019 Inkslinger winner, Exit 27, March 10-13, 2020.
Annual Playwriting Competition
Attention Playwrights! Southeastern Louisiana University is now accepting play submissions for the 2020 Inkslinger Playwriting Competition.
For more submission opportunities, visit PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog for a list of contests and other play submission opportunities.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
1) The contest is open to all playwrights.
2) All submissions must be original and unpublished. Play should be intended for a college-aged cast and audience. Your play will still qualify if it's been produced, but again it must not be published.
3) We will only be accepting full-length plays. No musicals at this time will be considered.
4) Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. There is a $10 submission fee per script.
5) Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format. Please provide a synopsis and character breakdown with your play.
6) Please submit one blind copy of your script as a pdf or word document via email. All submissions must be sent electronically. IMPORTANT: In the body of your email provide us with your name, address and telephone number. Again, please make sure your copy is blind with no information about the playwright.
7) The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, April 1, 2020 (postmarked).The winner and production dates will be announced on this page after May 1, 2020.
8) Please submit the submission fee to the address below. Please make checks payable to SLU.
Email scripts to
Mail submission fee to
Southeastern Louisiana University
Visual Art and Design Department
SLU Box 10815
Hammond, LA 70402