Authorized Dealer for Repairs and Parts
Executive OrderBJ 10-16 states:
A. No competitive bidding is required unless otherwise stated for the following items:
1. Repair parts for equipment obtained from a Louisiana authorized dealer where available. This provision does not apply to the stocking of parts;
2. Equipment repairs obtained from a Louisiana authorized dealer where available;
3. Vehicle repairs not covered by a competitive state contract or the state fleet maintenance repair contract, obtained from a Louisiana authorized dealer where available;
4. Vehicle body repairs covered by insurance recovery and in accordance with insurance requirements;
"Louisiana authorized dealer" means a company that satisfies the requirements of a resident business defined in R.S. 39:1591(6) and is authorized by the manufacturer to sell and/or provide services for their products.
Written verification on Southeastern's Authorized Dealer Certification Form will be required to support any claim of a Louisiana Original Equipment Manufactuer (OEM) Authorized Dealer qualification, or any other non-Louisiana OEM-Authorized Dealer status.
Competitive bidding will be required for repairs and repair parts in excess of $5,000 when not using an Orginal Equipment Manufacturer or any Louisiana or non-Louisiana OEM-Authorized Dealer.
(6) "Resident business" means one authorized to do and doing business under the laws
of this state, which either:
(a) Maintains its principal place of business in the state; or
(b) Employs a minimum of two employees who are residents of the state.