Scientific & Laboratory Purchases Up To $25,000
Executive Order Regarding Research Purchases
Executive Order JBE 17-18 concerning Procurement of Small Purchases states:
Section 5: Except as provided in subsection A(14), A(24),A(26), orA(30)of this section, the following items are considered small purchases regardless of price and may be procured in the following manner:
26. Scientific and laboratory supplies and equipment when procured by colleges and universities for laboratory or scientific research not to exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) per transaction.
Policy & Procedure for Exempted Research Purchases of Scientific & Laboratory Supplies and Equipment
MAY purchase scientific or laboratory supplies and equipment to be used for scientific research with no requirement for competitive bidding.
MAY purchase materials for research only up to $25,000 per transaction.
SHALL not divide a purchase into multiple purchases to avoid competitive bidding.
SHALL verify sufficient funds are or will be available in applicable expenditure category.
SHALL identify in the Add Comments in the purchase requisition that the scientific or laboratory purchases are "FOR RESEARCH."
SHALL attach supporting price documentation in the Header Comments in the purchase requisition for purchase/s over $1,000.
* For "SUPPLY" purchases, price documentation can be in the form of a current fax, email or written quotation from supplier, current catalogue page, or supplier web site.
* For "EQUIPMENT" purchases, price documentation can be in the form of a current fax, email, or written quotation from supplier.
Southeastern LouisianaPurchasing Department
WILL check for "FOR RESEARCH" identification in the purchase requisition.
WILL check for current dated price support documentation of supplier.
WILL approve and sign purchases qualifying under the research exemption, and will fax approved purchase order to vendor, unless other arrangements made.
For assistance concerning research purchases exempt from competitive bid process, contact your Procurement Specialist.
State of Louisiana NASPO State Contracts:
Note: Below State Contracts may be used for laboratory and scientific purchases up to $25,000 for Classroom, Teaching & Research purchases without the need for additional quotes:
- Fisher Scientific Laboratory, Safety and Homeland Security Catalogue Contract
(Minimum order purchase of $50, and excludes single item puchases > $25,000)
- VWR International Laboratory, Safety and Homeland Security Catalogue Contract
(No minimum order purchase, and excludes single item purchases > $25,000)
Educational & Institutional Cooperative Service Scientific Equipment & SuppliesContracts:
Note: May be used up to $25,000 for Research purchases only without quotes, or for Classroom and Teaching purchases up to $5,000 without competitive quotes: