Campus Assault Response and Education Team
What is CARE?
Southeastern Louisiana University is committed to creating and maintaining an educational community where all individuals who participate University programs and activities can work and learn together in an atmosphere free of sexual misconduct. To assure the campus community is educated and appropriate resources are readily available, Southeastern has created a Campus Sexual Assault and Response and Education Team (CARE).
CARE is comprised of faculty, students, and staff from across campus. The team is one part "education" and one part "response". We develop programs, services, and campaigns to educate students about sexual assault, consent, and healthy relationships with the ultimate goal of preventing sexual violence. In addition to educating the student body, we provide campus wide education for faculty and staff to ensure we are in compliance with all federal mandates.
- V. Gene Pregeant, Title IX Officer
- Dr. Gabe Willis, Deputy Title IX Officer
- Antoinette Alack M.S., Assistant Director of Student Advocacy and Accountability, CARE Chair
- Marcela Spicuzza, PLPC, NCC, CCTP, Counseling Center
- Annette Newton-Baldwin LPC, LMFT, Counseling Center
- Andrea Peevy ANP-BC, Director, University Health Center
- Justin Bice, Athletics Compliance
- Jennifer Whisenhunt, MA, MEd, LPC, NCC, Academic Advisor
- Center for Student Excellence
- Curtis Meyers, Jr., LPC, NCC, CCTP-Level I, Assistant Director, Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability
- Dr. Ralph Wood, Health Sciences Program, Kinesiology and Health Studies
- Eric Aymond, Director, Recreational Sports and Wellness
- Marjorie Parker, Director, Student Engagement
- Adonica Reed, Assistant Director, Student Engagement
- Dr. Peter Emerson, Director of the Counseling Center
- John Collum, Assistant Director, Housing
- Dr. Lisa Olson, Instructor
- Paige Moody, LPC, Counseling Center
- Lt. Patrick Gipson, University Police
- Taylor Crayton, Graduate Assistants for Student Advocacy and Accountability
- Marisa Riley, Graduate Assistant for Health Center
- Abigail Martin, OSAA Student Assistant
- Bruce Vigee, OSAA Student Assistant
- Bailiegh Picou, SGA President
Protect the Pride- Get Consent, Red Zone Training, August 22nd at 7pm in SU Theater. Open for all students to attend!
Register at www.linktr.ee/SoutheasternOSE