What to do in Emergency




Counseling services are available for students in the event  of  an emergency. The University Counseling Center provides emergency on-call services. Emergency care after hours can be obtained by calling the University Police Department at 985-549-2222. The on-call counselor will be notified by the University Police Department. Students who are off-campus may be required to come to campus in order to receive services.



If an emergency occurs during the regular work hours, students are encouraged to come to the UCC immediately to see a counselor or call 985-549-3894. When you arrive at the UCC, please inform the front office staff that it is an emergency.

If necessary, the Counseling Center may serve as a referral agent to off-campus agencies such as hospitals, facilities,  or private practitioners that are deemed most appropriate.