Registering with ODS
To qualify to receive services in our office, a student must meet a set of minimum standards. These standards help us to make sure we are providing the most reasonable accommodations for the assurance of equal access. The minimum qualifications are described below.
Steps to Self Identify
- Fill out the Student Intake Form and turn it into the Office of Disability Services. The intake form can be picked up directly from our office, or can be downloaded from this link. Accommodation requests must be provided in writing.
- Provide documentation to the Office of Disability Services. The documentation must be current and substantial in nature. Guidelines for the documentation can be picked up directly from our office, or can be downloaded from the links below.
- If the documentation is not sufficient, we will notify the student of what is needed. The student is responsible for the costs of providing any needed documentation. Once we have received all required documentation, the request for accommodations will be reviewed on an individual case-by-case basis.
- If documentation is sufficient, we will set up an intake appointment to discuss an accommodation plan. We will also discuss other resources that are available on campus that provide academic assistance. The intake interview must be conducted in the Office of Disability Services. It cannot be conducted by proxy of phone or any alternative means.
- The student is now registered in the Office of Disability Services and will begin the process of receiving accommodations every semester.
Documentation Guidelines for ADHD
Documentation Guidelines for Learning Disabilities
Documentation Guidelines for Physical Disabilities
Documentation Guidelines for Psychological Disabilities