Louisiana Small Business Development Center
Since 1984, the Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC) has provided the tools and resources necessary to help businesses grow and compete in an increasingly challenging global economy. We offer FREE business consulting and affordable training seminars designed to help you attract customers, improve operations, increase sales, and successfully access capital. Our interactions may be brief or long-term, but our ultimate objective is to improve Louisiana's economy through job creation and increased tax revenues and with an eye on the Louisiana Governors Vision 2020 Plan. Our center is funded by the US Small Business Administration,Louisiana Economic Development,and Southeastern Louisiana University.
Since 2003, Our center has:
- Consulted 2,396 entrepreneurs (about 400 per year).
- Helped secure over $256 million in loans and equity capital ($890,00 per week)
- Obtained funding for over 80% of our projects
- Created 2,022 jobs (about 7 jobs per week)
- Retained 642 (about 2 jobs per week)
- Provided over 21,000 hours of training to businesses and staff throughout the Northshore.
For more information on upcoming events and training, click here.
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center Network
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Louisiana Economic Development
- Southeastern Department of Economic & Business Development
- Southeastern College of Business & Technology
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
- Parish Economic Development Organizations
- Area Chambers of Commerce
- U.S.D.A. Rural Development
- Louisiana Department of Labor
- Louisiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center
- Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Louisiana
- And more!
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. SBA funded programs are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis.