Eligibility Rules for District Rally
District Literary Rally 2014
Eligibility for all District Literary Events is limited to students enrolled in a SLDLRA member school and certified by the Director of the Southeast Louisiana District Literary Rally Association as a Bona Fide Qualifier.
Students also must:
1. Test in no more than one District Literary Rally Event unless the second event is the Art Exhibit.
2.Students must be currently enrolled - or have been enrolled - in a course during the current school year to be eligible to participate in District and State Rallly competition.
Schools offering courses on alternating yearly or semester basis may enter students who have completed Carnegie credits in those courses.
3. Students repeating a course for a higher grade may not participate. However, students repeating a course due to failure are eligible to participate.
4. Students must be taking a Carnegie unit in the school in which they are enrolled.
5. Meet the requirements for the Carnegie unit in the setting of the SLDLRA member school.
6.Students may not be "native"or "primary" speakers of a foreign language if they wish to compete in a foreign language event. Students whose main language at home is other than English are considered to be native speakers of that particular language, and schools must certify that students are non-native speakers of the terget language.
7. Not have represented a school more than once in the same event. Exception: Spelling.
8. Students should not seek advantage by competing in events for which advanced credit has been earned i.e., competing in Physical Science after having earned credit in Chemistry.