Academic Advising

All majors in the Department of Management and Business must be advised.

Frequently Asked Questions

I need special permission to register for a specific course, what should I do?

You would send an email to In the body of the email, it is essential you include your W#, the class/section number/term you want to enroll in, and a brief explanation as to why you cannot register for the course.


When can I receive special permission to register for a class?

  • If you are only three credit hours or less away from the classification required for a specific course.
  • If you are a Management Major with a Concentration in Human Resources and trying to enroll in MGMT 476.
  • If you are a Graduating Senior and a required course is full.
  • You may not receive special permission to enroll in a full course if you are not a graduating senior and/or there are other sections of the course still open.


How do I find out who my Advisor is in the Department of Management?

Call the Department at 985.549.2051 or email us at


How do I verify my Major and/or Concentration?

Go to the MyDen portal on, log-into your LeoNet account. From there select: Self-Service >Academic Planning > My Planner > My Academics. You will find your Major and Concentration listed under Program Plan.


When is my Registration Date?

Go to the MyDen portal on, log-into your LeoNet account. From there select: Self-Service > Enrollment > Enrollment Dates. You will see the time and date you can begin registering for classes for the following semester.



During the registration period, you may remove your hold by following these steps: 

  1. Come in person, prior to your registration date and time to the Department of Management and Business Administration. You will be provided with your current curriculum sheet and directed to a faculty member for advising.

  2. Meet with a faculty member about what courses you should take next (advising form will be completed by student and faculty member).

  3. Bring the signed advising form back to the Department office and your hold will be removed.


Note: Freshman, students on probation and students with unpaid balances will have to visit the department or the Controller's Office to have their holds removed.



View Course Pre-requisites:

Management Courses
GBBT, ECON and GB Courses


Transfer Students & Undecided Majors

Contact the College of Business Academic Advising Center in Garrett 94.