Ralph Shaw Collection
- Ninth annual banquet of the Loranger High School Alumni Association. 3/22/1930.
- Blank Citizens National Bank Check. N.d.
- Photocopy, Ralph Shaw Honorable Discharge Papers, Louisiana State Guard. 9/16/1940.
- Photocopy, Enlisted Record of Pvt. Ralph Shaw. 3/11/1943.
- Photocopy, Certificate of Environment in Louisiana State Guard for Ralph Shaw. 3/25/1943.
- Letter of recommendation from Dr. R.E. Warren, Hammond, LA. Regarding Ralph Shaw. 3/13/1923.
- Letter of recommendation, O.F. Schleef, Hammond Dairy Products, for Ralph Shaw. 3/13/1923.
- Letter of recommendation, The Oaks Hotel. Regarding Ralph Shaw. 3/13/1923.
- Handwritten letter to Ralph Shaw from Oliver Neel. 2/28/1946.
- Louisiana Income Tax receipts, Ralph Shaw. 5/30/1939.
- Handwritten letter to Ralph Shaw from Oliver Neel. 2/25/1947. (3 items)
- Typed note to Ralph Shaw. Sender unknown. 2/13/1941.
- Handwritten note from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw, regarding land assessment. 2/19/1942.
- Typed letter of recommendation for Ralph Shaw from T.J. Shroder. 3/12/1923.
- Information request from Confidential Information Bureau for Messrs. Ely and Shaw. 5/27/1932.
- Handwritten letters to Ralph Shaw from Oliver Neel regarding furniture and rental house. August 25 & 26, 1944.
- Typed note from R.W. Russell, Tangipahoa Parish School Board. Regarding Shaw’s sabbatical leave. 4/20/1944.
- Typed flyer, Hammond Rotary Club Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- Typed and handwritten documents, Ralph Shaw & Oliver Neel. Regarding land sale in Hammond. 9/23/1946. (5 items)
- Deposit slips, Guaranty Bank & Trust Co. for Ralph Shaw. 1942. (17 items)
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Co. Account balance slip, Ralph Shaw. 7/2/1943.
- Handwritten notes from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw. August & October 1946. (2 items)
- Typed note from R.W. Russell (Tangipahoa Parish School Board Superintendent) to Ralph Shaw, regarding Shaw’s resignation from Hammond High School. 5/22/1944.
- Typed note from Ralph Shaw to Tangipahoa Parish School Board. Shaw’s letter of resignation. 5/17/1944.
- Handwritten prescription for Ralph Shaw. 7/28/1934.
- Handwritten letter to Ralph Shaw from Oliver Neel regarding weather and school attendance. 2/5/1945.
- Bill of Sale for 1938 Ford, sold to Ralph Shaw on June 12, 1941. Includes mortgage note. (2 items)
- Payment agreement letters, Ralph Shaw & R.W. Russell. Includes deposit slip and life insurance receipt. May 1943. (6 items)
- Typed correspondence between W.W. Stevens of Missouri Fruit Exchange, and Ralph Shaw, regarding a man named Reece. Includes typed note from A.R. Allman, regarding Ralph Shaw. May & June 1943. (4 items)
- Correspondence between Ralph Shaw and Jim Lawson. Includes deposit slip and typed/handwritten letters. July 1943. (7 items)
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Co. deposit slip, Jim Lawson. N.d.
- Handwritten note from a Mrs. Herring to Ralph Shaw. Regarding her daughter Elaine, a student in his class. N.d.
- Typed page, “Directions for Making a Good Cup of Coffee.” N.d.
- Handwritten note from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw, regarding furniture insurance. 7/2/1945.
- Typed poems from Ralph Shaw students. N.d. (2 items)
- Receipt for Ralph Shaw payment to Wiginton Infirmary, 1943.
- Photocopy of Ralph Shaw’s Louisiana Teaching Certificate, issued May 1925.
- Typed letter to an “Enver” from Ralph Shaw. Regarding land in Hammond, La. 1/29/1942. (2 items)
- Typed note from N.P. Vernon, Tangipahoa Parish Clerk of Court, to Ralph Shaw. Regarding land of George Riter. N.d. (2 items)
- Envelope of mouth/teeth x-rays for Ralph Shaw from E.E. White, Hammond dentist. (11 items)
- Typed paper, “Special Instructions for Contrast Baths.”
- Receipt from Drs. Fortier and Gately, Radiologists, for Ralph Shaw. $10, paid in full. 11/2/1938.
- Handwritten letter from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw, regarding life in Hammond, including a recent city election. 4/18/1945.
- Handwritten letter from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw, regarding Hammond-area tracts of land & insurance. 10/12/1944.
- Agreement for the sale of The World Book Encyclopedia to Ralph Shaw. 6/21/1941.
- Receipt and deposit slip for Guaranty Bank & Trust Co. Also includes payment agreement between Citizens National Bank & Ralph Shaw, & receipt from M.C. Wiginton for Ralph Shaw. April 1943. (4 items)
- Typed note from Superintendent R.W. Russell to Ralph Shaw, regarding sabbatical leave for the 1943-44 school year. 7/7/1943.
- Handwritten letter from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw. Update on life in Hammond, LA, including updates on various coworkers and friends. 9/24/1945. (3 items)
- Handwritten letter from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw. Update on Hammond life, and informing Gladys Shaw of work opportunities in Louisiana. 11/7/1945. (2 items)
- Handwritten letter from Oliver Neel to Ralph Shaw, regarding tax report. 2/26/1948.
- Receipts, Hammond Wholesale Co. n.d. (4 items)
- Advertisement, “Beat the Heat with a set of 1941 B.F. Goodrich Seat Covers.”
- Purchaser’s Endorsements for passenger tires. Jack Mashburn & Ralph Shaw. May & July 1943. (2 items)
- Application for Homestead Exemption for the Year 1941. State of Louisiana, Tangipahoa Parish. Ralph Shaw. 2/3/1941.
- Handwritten letter from Nancy Shaw to “Aunt Ina.” Includes a sketch titled “Court House, East Feliciana Parish, Clinton, LA.
- Handwritten letter from Nancy Shaw to “Aunt Ina.” 8/4/1972. Includes a sketch titled “Lawyer’s Row, East Feliciana Parish, Clinton, LA.
- Envelope address to Miss. Ina B. Shaw from Ralph Shaw, Department of Physical Sciences, Southeastern Louisiana College. 11/6/1964.
1. Bound booklet, 1994 Mile Branch Settlement. 81st Washington Parish Fair, Franklinton, Louisiana.
2. Bound book, The Economy of British West Florida, 1763 - 1783. Robin F.A. Fabel.
3. Newspaper article “Mrs. E. Greene Davis: Memories of a Plantation” by Katy Carroll Star Staff Writer. Oct. 1969. with hand-written note on E. Greene Davis’ background (2 items)
Box 2: 3-D Artifacts
- Framed 8”X10” print. “View of the Fort of the Natchez.” B&W. Gen. G.H.V. Collot original printed in 1796. Reprinted 1976.
- Framed 8”X10” print. “Town and Fort of Natchez.” B&W. Gen. G.H.V. Collot original printed in 1796. Reprinted 1976.
- Framed 9”X12” print. “Map of the Course of the Mississippi by Gen. G.H.V. Collot 1796.” B&W. Reprinted 1976.