The winner will receive a full production, transportation to and from Hammond, Louisiana to attend the production, and up to two nights' housing while attending the play. Our venue, The Vonnie Borden Theatre, is under renovation and all of our productions until it is complete are at nearby theatres such as The Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts and Reimer's Memorial Auditorium in downtown Hammond.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
- The contest is open to all playwrights.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished. Play should be intended for a college-aged cast and audience. Your play will still qualify if it's been produced, but again it must not be published.
- We will only be accepting full-length plays. No musicals at this time will be considered.
- Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. There is a $10 submission fee, made out to SLU, per script.
- Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format.
- Please fill out the Google Form below to enter your submission. You can attach your script in the form.
IMPORTANT: Please attach a blind copy of your script.
Please submit the submission fee to the address below.Please make checks payable to SLU.
The deadline for submissions is Friday, March 8, 2024. Please send in your submission fee so it will arrive by post on Friday, March 8, 2024. Submissions that we heaven't received by March 8th will not be judged. The winner and production dates will be announced on this page after May 1, 2024.
Mail submission fee to
Southeastern Louisiana UniversityInkslinger Playwriting Contest: Chad WintersVisual Art + Design Department
SLU Box 10765
Hammond, LA 70402
Please make checks out to SLU. DO NOT make the check out to Chad Winters. At this time we are unable to accept fees electronically.
For more submission opportunities, visit PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog for a list of contests and other play submission opportunities.
WOLFGANG JONES "A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO SELF-LOATHING AND WHY WE SAY GOODBYE"
CATHY DRESBACH AND BEN TYLER "THE TRUTH ABOUT WINNIE RUTH JUDD"
SHAYNE KENNEDY “MRS. WHITMAN’S WORDS FOR WOMEN"
T.J.YOUNG “DARK SKIN PAVEMENT"
ALEK MERRILO “EXIT 27”
CAROLYN NUR WISTRAND “SHE DANCED WITH A RED FISH”
ANNA TATELMAN “LIFE ON THE MOON”
ETHAN WARREN “WHY ARE YOU NOWHERE”
COLIN CROWLEY “ENCORE, ENCORE”
EDDIE ZIPPERER “BEWARE THE LICORICE VINES"