Congratulations to Anna Tatelman this year’s Inkslinger winner for her play Life on the Moon. Thank you to everyone who submitted this year. We wish you success in all your future endeavors.
Southeastern's Theatre will present Life on the Moon
February 27- March 2, 2018
SUBMISSIONS WILL OPEN AGAIN IN EARLY DECEMBER FOR THE 2018 INKSLINGER COMPETITION. IN THE MEAN TIME VISIT PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog FOR A LIST OF CONTESTS AND OTHER PLAY SUBMISSION OPPORTUNITIES.
Rules and Submission Guidelines
Attention Playwrights! Southeastern Louisiana University announces the 2017 Inkslinger Playwriting Competition. Southeastern Theatre is seeking original, unpublished, full-length plays geared for a university cast and audience. The winner will receive a full production in a 455-seat theatre, transportation to and from Hammond, Louisiana to attend the production, and up to two nights housing while attending the play.
1) The contest is open to all playwrights.
2) All submissions must be original and unpublished. Play should be intended for a college-aged cast and audience.
3) We will only be accepting full-length plays. No musicals at this time will be considered.
4) Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. There is a $10 submission fee per script.
5) Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format. Please provide a synopsis and character breakdown with your play.
6) Please submit one blind copy of your script as a pdf or word document via email. We would prefer you send it electronically if possible. A hard copy may be sent to the address below if you have no other choice. In the body of your email or cover letter please provide us with your Name, Address and Telephone Number.
7) The deadline for submissions is Saturday, April 1, 2017 (postmarked). The winner and production dates will be announced on this page after June 1, 2017.
8) Please submit the submission fee to the address below. Please make checks payable to SLU.
Email scripts to
Mail manuscripts to
Southeastern Louisiana University
Fine and Performing Arts Department
SLU Box 10815
Hammond, LA 70402
For more submission opportunities, visit PlaySubmissionsHelper.com/blog for a list of contests and other play submission opportunities with deadlines coming up this month.