RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Southeastern Theatre is seeking submissions for the first annual Inkslinger Playwriting Competition. The winner of this annual competition will receive a full production in a 455-seat theatre, transportation to and from Hammond, Louisiana to attend the production, and up to two nights housing while attending the play.
1) The contest is open to all playwrights.
2) All submissions must be original and unpublished. Play should be intended for a college-aged cast and audience.
3) We will only be accepting full-length plays.
4) Playwrights may submit as many plays as they wish. There is a $10 submission fee per script.
5) Scripts must be typed and arranged in professional play script format. Please provide a synopsis and character breakdown with your play.
6) Two title pages must be included with the first displaying the author's name, address, telephone number and email address if applicable. The second title page should only display the name of the script; do not include any personal identifying information on the bound title page.
7) Scripts may be submitted the following two ways: electronically via email in PDF format or you may mail in a hard copy. *We would prefer that you send it electronically if possible.
8) The deadline for submissions is Friday March 15, 2014 (postmarked). The winner and production dates will be announced after May 1, 2014.
9) Please submit the submission fee to the address below. Please make checks payable to SLU.
Email scripts to:
Mail manuscripts to:
Jim Winter: Associate Professor of Theatre
Southeastern Louisiana University
Fine and Performing Arts Department
SLU Box 10815
Hammond, LA 70402