On-Line Fee Payment Instructions
For assistance with Nelnet Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) setup, click HERE.
On-Line Fee Payment Instructions
Southeastern works diligently to maintain standards that are a requirement of accepting card payment transactions. In order to maintain the highest level of security for our students while providing outstanding student service, we have partnered with Nelnet Campus Commerce as our payment processor. This partnership with Nelnet will allow Southeastern to provide a state of the art payment system as well as offer additional services to enhance the student experience.
Some additional services that student can take advantage of through the new Nelnet portal are the following:
- User can allow an authorized party (such as a parent) to access their account and make payments without sharing your LeoNet username and password. Access to the information seen by the authorized party can also be limited if desired.
- In addition to paying with VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, the addition of eCheck/Bank Account payment is now available. Many times a debit card has a daily limit imposed by the bank that can be exceeded when paying tuition. An eCheck payment can be paid directly from your bank account in a safe, secure manner.
- 24/7 customer service provided by Nelnet for questions about making payments. (Nelnet cannot answer questions regarding charges and account balances.)
- Ability to add an additional email recipient for the receipt on the fly.
- Ability to safely and securely save multiple payment profiles to your account for ease of processing future payments.
To prevent multiple or unintentional authorizations on your credit card or debit card please review the following steps.
- The payment process works best in Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- If you receive an error please write it down or take a screen shot and report the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your W# and a phone number and we will call you back. Please do NOT include the credit card or debit card number
- Please temporarily disable antivirus programs as these may cause the transaction to fail.
- Please contact the Student Technology Help desk for assistance. 985-549-2700
Step 1: Log into LEONET (https://www.southeastern.edu/student)
Step 2: Determine the amount to be paid. If Pending Financial Aid is on the account, the payment amount should be Outstanding Charges less Pending Financial Aid. This should be reflected in the Total Due column for each term.
Select the Account Inquiry Link from the left-hand menu (Self Service -> Campus Finances -> Account Inquiry)
If there is no need to calculate the balance after Pending Aid, select ‘make a payment with nelnet’ from the Student Center Finances section:
Step 3: Click the ‘Make a Payment’ button on the Account Inquiry page
Note: If the Make a Payment link is not visible, either the web pay system is down for maintenance or there is a service indicator on the student account that is preventing a web payment. Navigate to Self Service -> Campus Finances -> Make a Payment via Nelnet to determine the reason that a web payment cannot be made.
Step 4: Once ‘Make a Payment’ is selected, the user will be directed to Nelnet to complete the transaction. It is normal for this redirect to take a few seconds to load.
Note: The first time a user makes a payment through Nelnet, it is required to create an account. This will only need to be done the first time you are directed towards Nelnet. The fields with a * are required fields. Most of the fields are pre-populated, but please check the information for accuracy.
In addition, when creating an account it is also required to set up your security questions for Nelnet. If you call into Nelnet’s Customer Service with payment issues, they will ask you these questions for verification.
Step 5: Select the ‘Make a Payment’ button
Step 6: Enter a specific amount to pay or select the checkbox to pay the entire balance. Remember, in Step 2 above the Total Due amount after Pending Financial Aid was calculated.
Step 7: Select the ‘Next-Payment Method’ to continue.
Step 8: Select the desired Payment Method.
Step 9a: If Bank Account is selected, enter the Bank Account Details. It could be useful to have a bank check available to determine the proper information. Use the ‘?’ bubbles for additional help in determining the proper Routing Number and Account Number for your account.
Step 9b: If you want to save this payment profile for future payments, select ‘Save & Continue’. If you do not want to save this payment information to your profile, uncheck the ‘Save bank account to My Profile for future use’ and select ‘Continue’.
Step 9c: If Credit / Debit Card is selected as the Payment Method, enter the credit card information and billing address information of the cardholder.
Step 9d: If you want to save this payment profile for future payments, select ‘Save & Continue’. If you do not want to save this payment information to your profile, uncheck the ‘Save credit/debit card to My Profile for future use’ and select ‘Continue’.
Step 10: Your campus email address should be shown as the email recipient. If you would like to add an additional recipient, click the ‘Add’ link. Complete the transaction by reviewing the information and selecting ‘Authorize Payment’.
Step 11: The payment receipt will be displayed. Select ‘Proceed to Home’ to verify balance.
Step 12: Verify your balance by signing out of Nelnet (click the red sign out button at the top, right corner) and log back into LeoNet to verify that the account balance is zero or has been reduced by the amount of your payment.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS: Payments made at the Cashier's Office must be in the form of cash, check or money order. All credit card payments must be made via your LeoNet account. If a student disputes a valid credit card payment to the University, they will be put on restriction from all future credit card transactions.
Mastercard, VISA, American Express and Discover credit cards are accepted for payment of registration fees and/or fines.
All Webpay transactions are SSL secured