Group Fitness Classes
Group Fitness Classes Return!
Our group fitness classes are gradually coming back. Group Fitness classes are included
in all memberships at The REC.
|Tuesday||Tai Chi||5pm||Rm 225|
|Thursday||Tai Chi||5pm||Rm 225|
Know Before You Go:
- Class participation is limited to 10 people per Barre class, 15 people per Yoga class, and 20 people per Dance Fitness class.
- Reservations can be made through IMLeagues. See below for reservation information.
- Masks are required at all times.
Spring 2021 Group Fitness Class Protocols
- Registration is required for all classes
- Registration closes at the start time for in-person
- Participants are expected to cancel any classes they register for but no longer wish to attend
- Face coverings/masks must be properly worn (covering nose and mouth) at all times
- Because of the masks, all cardio based classes (cycle, Dance Fitness, HIIT) to 30 minutes and left strength-based and yoga at 45 minutes. Nothing is past 45 minutes.
- Social distancing is required at all times
- We encourage you to bring a water bottle to every class
- No drinking fountains and limited bottle fillers are available
- People are allowed to bring water near them to avoid congregation during the breaks/rests
- Multiple sets of equipment will be preset by instructors prior to class
- BEFORE and AFTER each class, participants will clean their own equipment
- You must bring your own yoga mat to class
- Check-in for classes will begin 5 minutes before classes begin and end 3 minutes after classes start
- Registrants of full classes not checked-in by the start of class time risk losing their spot to someone waiting
- There will be a designated ENTRANCE and EXIT into the studio
- Prior to the start of each class, each instructor will read the safety speech that is attached to cover all of the guidelines that need to be followed. Takes 1-2 minutes to read to the class.
- Max Occupancy per room:
- Room 225 = 15, Room 228 = 20
- Barre = 10
- Yoga & Tai Chi = 15 or 20 depending on room
- Dance Fitness = 20
- Spin = 10
- Violating these policies may lead to a temporary suspension from registration of the Group Fitness classes.
How To Make A Reservation
Only current REC members are eligible to make reservations. No guests will be allowed
at this time.
ALL reservations will be made at imleagues.com/SELU 🠊 Reservations
How to Create an account on IMleagues:
To create an IMLeagues account: **Note** IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages, please use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
- Go to www.imleagues.com/SELU/Registration
- Enter your information, and use your School email if applicable (@southeastern.edu) and submit. If you do not have a southeastern email, you will be prompted to request to join the school. We will approve your request promptly.
- You will be sent an activation email, click the link in the email to login and activate your IMLeagues account.
Reservations open one week in advance for scheduling, beginning on Sundays.
- Limit two reservations per member per day.
- Once on imleagues.com, at the top select Reservations, next it will show all the possible reservations you can make
If you are unable to attend a reservation you made, we ask that you cancel the reservation 12 hours in advance to free up spots for patrons on our “waiting list.”
Spaces and activities available to reserve will include the basketball courts and our group fitness classes.
**If you are interested in teaching a group fitness class, contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Use a combination of postures inspired by ballet and other disciplines like yoga and Pilates. The barre is used as a prop to balance while doing exercises that focus on isometric strength training combined with high reps of small range-of-motion movements. Do not be surprised if your class incorporates light handheld weights to bring the burn during all those reps, as well as mats for targeted core work. (50 min)
Use Ancient Martial art moving meditations to improve coordination, body awareness, balance and strengthen your legs while increasing circulation all at the same time. (50 min)
This workout builds strength and cardiovascular endurance while putting minimal stress on your joints in a pool setting. All swimming levels are welcome! (50 min)
This class is a fusion of Latin and International music / dance themes that create a dynamic and exciting class! It incorporates high energy, motivating music, and unique combination moves for a "feel - happy" workout that is great for both the body and the mind. (50 min)