All participating organizations must comply with eligibility requirements in order
to be eligible to participate in the point system (see IM Sports Handbook – Divisions
of Competition – Greek). All team members must comply with participant eligibility
requirements in order for a participating team to be eligible to earn points.
The Rec Sports and Wellness Greek Point System has been developed for members of campus Greek organizations to encourage widespread participation in intramural team sports and events. Points are awarded to each team in designated sports for participation and post-season final standings. All points earned by a team in any team, tournament, or individual/dual sports will count toward the final point’s standings at the conclusion of the spring semester.
Points will be accumulated during the August to April school year. Total points will be calculated by the Intramural Sports Program Director at the conclusion of the Spring semester. The organization receiving the highest total number of points will be awarded the Greek Cup.
If a Greek League is offered, each Greek organization can register one team in the Greek League. If a Greek League is offered only Greek teams in the Greek League will receive points for placing in the post-season tournament. Greek organizations can register separate teams in the Independent Divisions (competitive or recreational) for additional participation points.
In the event there are not enough teams to form a separate Greek League in a designated team, tournament, or individual/dual sport, a Greek organization may earn participation points for regular season participation by registering a team in the most competitive Independent Division. Points will still be awarded for post-season play if there is not a separate Greek tournament, so long as the Greek team is registered in the most competitive division.
In the event an organization is academically ineligible according to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, it will remain ineligible for participation in intramural sports and post-season play.
- Major Event = Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball
1st place-100 pts, 2nd place-90 pts, 3rd place-80 pts, 4th place-70 pts, 5th place-60 pts
6th place-50 pts, 7th place-40 pts, 8th place-30 pts, 9th place-20 pts, 10th place-10 pts
- Mid-Major Event = Soccer, Kickball, Dodgeball, 3v3 Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, Swamp Bowl
1st place-40 pts, 2nd place-36 pts, 3rd place-32 pts, 4th place-28 pts, 5th place-24 pts
6th place-20 pts, 7th place-16 pts, 8th place-12 pts, 9th place-8 pts, 10th place-4 pts
- Minor Event = Racquetball, Tennis, Cornhole Tournament, Trashketball, Battleship
1st place-20 pts, 2nd place-18 pts, 3rd place-16 pts, 4th place-14 pts, 5th place-12 pts
6th place-10 pts, 7th place-8 pts, 8th place-6 pts, 9th place-4 pts, 10 place-2 pts
- -10 points for ejections
- +30 points for no ejections
- +50 points for registering a team for Greek League specified sport
- +25 points for registering for a Mid-Major sport
- +25 Points for registering for a Minor Sports with 3 or more players from 1 organization
- +30 points for no forfeits
- -20 points for the first forfeit
- -30 points for the second forfeit
Note: for points to be credited to a Greek organization the team name must be the name of the specific Greek organization. If a Greek organization has more than one team they must differentiate teams by adding a number to the end of their team name (Sigma Chi (1), Sigma Chi (2), etc.)
- If a team places multiple times, the team will only be rewarded the highest finisher-the remainder points will be lost and not awarded to the next individual.
- To receive points for Minor events, there must be at least 3 people from your organization participating.
**** Please Note: Men & Women, if you are outside of the Top 10 in any minor event, there will be no points awarded. ****