Application, Fees and Deadlines
Apply for Graduation
An application for graduation is the first step in receiving your credential (diploma). You must complete your Graduation Application before the deadline. A delay in completing this step could cost you late fees and keep you from graduating on time. The directions below will guide you through the simple application process.
If you have questions or encounter any issues when applying, please call the Office of the Registrar at (985) 549-2244.
Southeastern Exit Survey
The Southeastern Exit Survey is a two part survey that must be completed during the semester you graduate. The survey can only be accessed during your graduation semester. If you do not graduate in the semester you intend, you will need to retake the Southeastern Exit Survey. Access the Apply for Graduation page in LeoNet anytime during your graduation semester and follow the directions to complete the first part of the survey. The second part of the survey will be sent via email to you about two weeks prior to graduation. If you have questions about the Southeastern Exit Survey, call the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment at (985) 549 2077.
If you do not complete this survey, your diploma will be held.
- Sign In to LeoNet.
- Choose “Self Service” in the menu on the left.
- Under the Self Service menu, choose “Degree Progress / Graduation.”
- Under the Degree Progress / Graduation menu, choose “Apply for Graduation.” (If you have not applied to graduate, you will need to do so first.)
- Choose the "Add an Existing Value" tab then click the “Search” button. This will automatically take you to the Southeastern Exit Survey.
- Follow the directions on the screen to complete the entire Southeastern Exit Survey
Fees and Deadlines
You can apply for graduation without paying a fee if you apply before late fees go into effect. The table below shows the application time periods and the late fees associated with those time periods for each graduation semester.
If you are applying for graduation during a late fee time period:
- You will need to pay the late fee before you can complete your graduation application.
- If you do not pay the late fee first, your application will not open and cannot be
saved for processing.
There are two ways to pay the graduation late fee:
- Online via credit card
- In person at the Controller's Office (located on North Campus in the Financial Aid Building)
If you are paying online, be sure to choose "Grad App Late Fee" as the Payment option.
If you have any questions about this process, please call (985) 549-2068.
No applications will be accepted after the final deadline. If the last day to apply falls on a day when the University is closed, the deadline will become the next business day.