Respondus Lockdown Browser
Respondus Lockdown Browser (RLB) is a secure browser that can be used for taking tests in Moodle. Not all tests or quizzes in Moodle will use Respondus. If an instructor chooses to use Respondus, while creating the test, they will enable the settings for Respondus. If a Moodle test requires that Respondus LockDown Browser be used the instructions for the exam should indicate as such. See steps and examples below.
Steps for taking an exam that requires Respondus Lockdown Browser (RLB)
- Log into Moodle via the internet browser of choice (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc)
- Once logged in to Moodle, navigate to your course. Once there, navigate to the exam that requires Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Click on the exam name to begin the process
- **If this is the first time using Respondus Lockdown Browser click “Download LockDown Browser” and follow the instructions
- Now, click the “Launch LockDown Browser” button to launch the exam
Note: If this is the first time accessing a Respondus LockDown Browser quiz in this way you may see a pop-up that you need to click “Open URL:Respondus LockDown Browser” to continue
6. Click the “Start Quiz” button (Once you start the exam, you will not be able to navigate away from the exam, hence you will be "locked down")
Note: Respondus Lockdown Browser should ONLY be used for taking Moodle tests. It should not be used for other assignment or in other areas of Moodle.
Students needing assistance with Moodle or any other technical
issues can receive help from the Southeastern Student Help Desk.