Sociology and Criminal Justice
Our classes offer faculty-student ratios that allow students' interests to be addressed through interaction with professors. We emphasize critical and analytical skills and effective communication to resolve conflicts and promote social justice.
The Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice emphasizes an interdisciplinary understanding
of socio-economic, cultural, institutional and physical environments. Our programs
prepare students for citizenship by encouraging them to understand, tolerate and respect
the vast array of cultural and intellectual differences found throughout the world.
- Academic scholarships offered in Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Department sponsors annual Social Justice Speaker Series
- Department sponsors multiple student organizations and extracurricular activities
- Internship placements offered in Sociology and Criminal Justice
- Summer study abroad programs offered
- A degree in criminal justice offers careers in public and private sectors
- A sociology degree prepares students to work with organizations and communities
Februry 15, March 8,
March 22, & April 5
10 - 2pm in front of the Student Union
Social Justice Speaker Series
Nationally recognized veteran activist, yoga teacher, and artist, Chris Eder will discuss how yoga can be used to treat the wounds of war
Monday, Nov. 14
Sunday, Nov. 13
Business Meetings: Mondays at 5:00pm in FAY213
Pulse Nightclub Shooting Fundraiser: October 19, 11am-2pm, Student Union Bake sale and raffle to benefit the survivors of the Pulse Nightclub Shooting.
Transgender Day of Remembrance: November 16th, 6:30-8:00PM, Memorial Fountain Transgender Day of Remembrance honors trans people who have been killed and victimized for their gender identity. We will be leading a discussion and reading a list of victims This will be open to every student on campus who wants to come.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Discover scholarships offered to students in the department of Sociology and Criminal Justice
Explore our degree programs in Sociology and Criminal Justice
Learn about the Master of Science in Applied Sociology program at Southeastern