Mursion is a mixed-reality classroom with simulated students that provides teachers the opportunity to develop their pedagogical practice in a safe environment that doesn't place real students at risk. This lab is currently the only one in the country using a mixed reality environment to prepare or retrain pre-service and in-service teachers. The use of Mursion™ Lab has also been instrumental in developing transition skills for students with significant disabilities, providing immediate feedback through bug-in-ear technology to pre-service teachers, developing discreet trial skills in pre-service and in-service teachers, and preparing teachers in the use of STEM-related instructional strategies.
Mursion Direct Link
- NOLA: SLU using avatars, virtual classrooms as teaching tools
- HISD: Computer Simulation is helping teachers refine instructional methods
- Education Week: Bridging the Technology Divide
- Education Week: Teaching Avatars
- Education Week: Virtual Students are Used to Train Teachers
For more information or to get involved, email Melanie.Lemoine@southeastern.edu