Community Music School
For more than a decade, the Southeastern Community Music School at Southeastern Louisiana University has proudly and effectively provided the entire Northshore region with a vital community-based program of music education.
Welcome to Fall 2018!
We look forward to our Fall 2018 semester, scheduled to begin during the week of August 27, offering individual instrumental and vocal lessons, a five-week orchestra session as well as two, 5-week sessions of Group Piano for Home School Students. We are excited about our "Otstanding Musicians" showcase concert taking place at the Hammond branch of the Tangipahoa Parish Library on September 15 at 1 p.m. and the Solo Audition Winners performance as soloists with the Southeastern Symphony Orchestra taking place in late November. Our end of the semester recitals are always a delightful display of talent and creativity and the audience will once again choose the new Outstanding Musicians.
Below you will find important calendar highlights to help you plan for a musical Fall 2018.
Please take a moment to read the “Policies” link as it contains important information on parking, lesson preparation, missed lessons, and recitals.
For pricing and lessons information please click on "Fall Print Registration".
Fall 2018 Calendar Highlights:
Individual instrumental and vocal lessons (13 weeks):
- August 27 - November 30
Group Piano for Home School Students (5 weeks each session):
- Session I: August 31; Session II: October 12
Orchestra session (5 weeks): TBA
- September 3 - Labor Day (to be made up)
- October 4 &5 - Fall Break (to be made up)
- November 19 - 23 - Thanksgiving Break (no make up needed)
- December 4, 6 p.m.
- December 5, 6 p.m.
- December 7, 4:30 p.m.
- Payments may be mailed to Community Music School, SLU 10817, Hammond, LA 70402, or delivered in person to the CMS office. If you wish to pay via credit/debit card, you may do so by calling our office 985-549 5502. Do not hesitate to contact our office firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Jivka G. Duke
Interim Director, Community Music School