MAGEE, JOHN C., CIVIL WAR MATERIAL
(Can only be used by Permission of Director of Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies)
1. Muster Role/Roster of the 14th Mississippi Cavalry (original hand-written document). This unit was later designated as an infantry regiment after the majority of their horses were killed. The document is dated June 30, 1864.
2. Daily Constitutionalist (original), April 16, 1864. Numerous articles include an account of the Battle of Mansfield, the capture of Fort Pillow, and stories of Federal atrocities in Northern Alabama. This newspaper was published in Augusta, Georgia during the war.
3. Medical Certification/Diploma of Johannem M. Armfield, 1854
4. Confederate Promissory Notes:
(1) Fifty dollar note, issued February 17, 1864
(2) One-hundred dollar note, issued September 6, 1862
(3) One-hundred dollar note, issued November 20, 1864
5. "Reminiscences of a Confederate Soldier, by Byron Smith (16 typed legal pages)
6. Biography of the Smith Family (1 page)
7. St. Helena Rifles (xerox copy)