Southeastern welcomes students back for the start of classes this week while we continue to keep all faculty, staff and students who are not yet able to make it to campus in our thoughts as the region works to recover from devastating flooding.
We attempted to reach ALL our students in recent days, but we realize communication has been difficult, if not impossible for some. If you are just now able to see this message, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can have a better understanding of your status and work with you so you can attain your educational goals.
FLOOD RECOVERY FAQs
L.E. Miller Collection
1. Handwritten notes re: Navigation problem at the mouth of the Mississippi River,
1698 - 1880, 12 pgs.
2. Handwritten notes re: Minutes of the conference called by President of the Associated
Branch Pilots to discuss legislation by the New Orleans - May 3, 1966 - at Pilot
3. Bound book - National Academy of Sciences - Symposium on Piloting and Vessel
Traffic Systems, September 12-13, 1979 - By George A. Quick, President,
Association of Maryland Pilots, 44 pgs.
4. Department of Transportation - Coast Guard - Marine Casualty Report - SS Keytrader
And SS Baune (Norwegian) Collision in the Mississippi River on 18 January
1974 With Loss of Life - U.S. Coast Guard Marine Board of Investigation
Report and Commandant’s Action - Action by National Transportation Safety
Board, 55 pgs.
- attached - Letter from W.E. Whaley, Jr, Commander, U.S. Coast Guard to
Captain Louis E. Miller, July 19, 1977
1. Pilotage in Confined Waterways of the United States: A Preliminary Study of Pilot
Decision Making - J.R. Huffner - Interim Report - July 1976 - Prepared for
Department of Transportation, United States Coast Guard, Office of Research
and Development, 210 pgs.
- attached - Letter from Jack Huffner, Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate
Studies to Captain Louis E. Miller, February 21, 1977
1. Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Associated Branch Pilots; Minutes of the Regular
Quarterly Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Associated Branch Pilots,
1936 - 1949