L.E. Miller Collection
1. Handwritten notes re: Navigation problem at the mouth of the Mississippi River,
1698 - 1880, 12 pgs.
2. Handwritten notes re: Minutes of the conference called by President of the Associated
Branch Pilots to discuss legislation by the New Orleans - May 3, 1966 - at Pilot
3. Bound book - National Academy of Sciences - Symposium on Piloting and Vessel
Traffic Systems, September 12-13, 1979 - By George A. Quick, President,
Association of Maryland Pilots, 44 pgs.
4. Department of Transportation - Coast Guard - Marine Casualty Report - SS Keytrader
And SS Baune (Norwegian) Collision in the Mississippi River on 18 January
1974 With Loss of Life - U.S. Coast Guard Marine Board of Investigation
Report and Commandant’s Action - Action by National Transportation Safety
Board, 55 pgs.
- attached - Letter from W.E. Whaley, Jr, Commander, U.S. Coast Guard to
Captain Louis E. Miller, July 19, 1977
1. Pilotage in Confined Waterways of the United States: A Preliminary Study of Pilot
Decision Making - J.R. Huffner - Interim Report - July 1976 - Prepared for
Department of Transportation, United States Coast Guard, Office of Research
and Development, 210 pgs.
- attached - Letter from Jack Huffner, Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate
Studies to Captain Louis E. Miller, February 21, 1977
1. Minutes of a Special Meeting of the Associated Branch Pilots; Minutes of the Regular
Quarterly Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Associated Branch Pilots,
1936 - 1949